First road test.

Davros

Reaction score
Hi all, finally but the lump back in yesturday after fitting a stage 3, 6 paddle clutch inc new DMF, all went well, but what i would stress that this has been one hell of a major job...
At the moment i carnt really put my foot down untill i have done around 500miles, got to let it settle in, but straight away could feel the difference and no nasty vibs, which i was getting.

Now the next stage is a stage 2 Hybrid turbo which is setting me back £1078.00...ooch, had some trouble in finding a company to Dyno test it for a number of days, then write a custom remap, but have found a company in Buckley Wales bit of a drive for me but will be worth it the long run, have been told they will need the motor a week, so will keep you all posted with Dyno results once its all been set up as it should be, without dumping fuel all over the place.

Davros, what are you running? 1.8TQS?

You done the injectors yet? Custom remap sounds like a great idea, but just figured it'd be best to wait until all the "right" hardware was in place first ;)

Davros, what are you running? 1.8TQS?

You done the injectors yet? Custom remap sounds like a great idea, but just figured it'd be best to wait until all the "right" hardware was in place first ;)

Running A4 Avant 1.9 TDI 130 Sport with a current remap, asked about the injectors and any other OE should be changed or upgraded, i have been told that it would all be covered and tested on the Dyno run, if they find any problems which i hope they dont, they will inform me before any work is done.

Get this bought, stick in the race injectors are you're away

Darkside GTB Turbo Kit for 1.9 8v TDI Engines - Darkside Developments
That won't fit longitudinal engines as it's meant for transverse engines like in Golf, Skoda,etc. You can still use the GTB2260Vk from Darkside with one of Ryan's adapter plates but the downpipe needs a new flange welding and the air box won't fit anymore. I was going the same way a few months ago but i bought a high powered v6 tdi so i left the 1.9 tdi alone for the time being !