Auf Wiedersehen S4

dsmclark40v

Reaction score
Well I've finally decided its time to part with the S4. Its been a great 2 years and I will miss the car like crazy. They are epic cars to drive, if you ever get the chance to drive one do it!

Getting a Golf GT Tdi for now as its something the Misses can drive as she is learning to drive (at 24 its about time I suppose) and a 4.2 V8 isn't very practical for learning in and can't afford to run two cars at the moment. Will save me quite a few pennies on the fuel bill as well I should think :lmfao:. Then hopefully towards the end of the year I'll be looking for either another audi, probably an A6 or A8, or might get a land rover discovery to get back into green laning again.

Here's one of my favourite pictures I took of the S4

4b8f528.jpg

and as mandatory in these types of threads here's the oil burner that will be replacing it

ad4065c.jpg

Will have to change my sig now! Did I mention that 2L is great :undwech:

My condolences. I am sorry for your loss.
At least once the missus has her licence she can pick you up from the pub! :beerchug: Whey!

Thanks mate, I am gutted it has to go :sob:

But yes at least she can pick me up from the pub so every cloud has a silver lining

And all this time I thought the devil on your shoulder was winning!

Are you trading in the S4 for the Golf?

Where was that photo taken?

He was winning for a long time Ross but in the end he lost!

Yes I'm trading the S4 for it. That photo was taken in Keyhaven down by Hurst Castle

aww sam, sad times... I thought you were going to gift it to me by the way so I could experiment with a LHD conversion? we can't be friends any more.. (and not just because you're driving a ****** diesel golf) :)

Thats a real shame Sam, sorry to hear you are parting company with your S4. Hopefully you'll still be hanging around the forum though mate.

aww sam, sad times... I thought you were going to gift it to me by the way so I could experiment with a LHD conversion? we can't be friends any more.. (and not just because you're driving a ****** diesel golf) :)

Haha oh yeah were we're going to weren't we! Sorry mate

Thats a real shame Sam, sorry to hear you are parting company with your S4. Hopefully you'll still be hanging around the forum though mate.

Thanks Ryan, hopefully once the misses has past the test and she'll be using the golf all the time I'll start looking for another audi as I'll need a car as well. And don't worry I'll still be lurking around the forum. Learned quite a lot from my car over the years so might be able to help people with the same problem.

Just noticed as well I never really did a write up of what I did to the car like a build thread. Or really a follow up after the timing chains being done. Damn work getting in the way of forum time!!