Avant Boot Storage Clips

AlexGSi2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the two storage compartment flaps in the boot of the Avant.

9 times out of 10, after a drive both will have unclipped and will be sat in the boot, instead of clipped to the sides.

I also cant put anything in the netting of the left flap as it just falls open.

Thanks!

I use the netting through the winter months to house the old 'moisture mate'.......condensation trap :thumbsup:

I've never heard of this before. Is anything broken? Or any adjustment on the catch?

I have the same problem but only on one side so have "solved" it buy installing one of the Velcro backed Audi oil bottle holders across the joint between the lid and the side panel and that holds it shut!

mine used to do this!
on the drivers side! it was the clip at the back, i moved the spring to reset the catch, then give it a slam!
works fine now!
what is this "moisture trap"? is it that silica gel stuff like what you get in boxes of trainers but in bigger form that you put in caravans? if so thats a good idea!

Does your car get quite moist chez?

But in all seriousness, I am intrigued by this. I might save up all the silica crystals from my new trainers.

Does your car get quite moist chez?

But in all seriousness, I am intrigued by this. I might save up all the silica crystals from my new trainers.

when i had the dog or when putting a wet pushchair in the boot the windows would steam up a bit quickly paul yes!
but the sachets i am on about are like them you get in trainers but about 20 times bigger!
i get them from work! they are packed into component pallets to keep them dry but you can buy them off flee bay for caravans!

Shhhh, nobody knows my name.

And they do sound good. I have similar issues with the 3yr old taking about 30 mins to get in her car seat regardless of how much it's raining.

Many thanks for the advice - Ill give the spring a looking over tonight!

I have similar issues with the 3yr old taking about 30 mins to get in her car seat regardless of how much it's raining.

Mine's only 13months old, but the "negotiating" and fighting that happens sometimes is unbelievable, somebody likened it to "wrestling an angry octopus into a laundry bag".... and like you said: most of the time he's fine, but the more of a rush you're in, the more they make a fuss.... "no, no, car, door, no, window, car, no, nose, toes, garden, bye bye, DOOOOOOR".... by which stage your back and the door card is soaked...