Changing coding in control units?

Ian-83

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone on here changed the coding in there comfort or central electrics control units? Using the info off Ross Tech? I asked them for there help but they will only help me if I have there software which I don't need as I have access to the VW diag machine at work.

I found something about enabling rear wiper option when reverse is engaged but it says for 8EC/8ED models but I don't think I have that spec.

Also looking at turning on things like alarm beep on arming,speed locking etc. Do i need to follow the codings on here? Audi A4 (8E) Comfort System - Ross-Tech Wiki. work out what I have now then add things I want?

I'm not aware you can do the rear wiper mod on the B6.

Coding is quite straight forward, once you pluck up the courage! Always write down the readings before you start so you can return to them, and then just add the options into the coding.

I don't have a problem at having a go at the coding. I will write it down first what's all ready set then start to play. I am guessing from reading the Ross Tech site what ever is currently coded will give me my current coding and then I add or subtract from there to get what I want.

Yeah from what I could find the rear wiper sweep is B7 models I think.