iv never had a 3.0 V6
    im looking at 1 with 86K
    is there any problems i need to look for
    TIA

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    I think they're pretty robust, if well maintained and regularly serviced. I'm sure the lack of peopel ranting about them on here is a good sign I've got an AKE 2.5TDI quattro, so I'm just holding my breath
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1st Gear

Status
    Gotta say I love mine ! Great cruiser , mines an SE so it's fully loaded to boot !

6th Gear

Status
    I would say to give it a miss,feels underpowered for displacement and very thirsty as well. I would get a turbo engine as it's a bit more lively and better on fuel as well ! Even the v6 tdi feels better with just a remap due to the torque !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    I would say to give it a miss,feels underpowered for displacement and very thirsty as well. I would get a turbo engine as it's a bit more lively and better on fuel as well ! Even the v6 tdi feels better with just a remap due to the torque !
    iv had so many turbo audis and i just spend thousends on them always off the road cos ov mods etc
    thats why i was gona go 3.0 then i know i cant spend on it

5th Gear

Status
    ^ Wrong, coming from a tuned 240bhp Leon cupra to my V6 the V6 is better on fuel, and no slouch at all especially with a map

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a 2001 3.0 v6 no complaints at all I love it totally ,all cars are juicy if you drive it like ya stole it ! But with the sexy sound of the v6 cruising about to me is more satisfying than thrashing the guts out of it ,now for me here's how I look at things ,not thrashing ya v6 = less engine damage, less fuel cost, less speeding tickets,less looking a twat ! an biggest bonus less deaths ! If your thinking of using a v6 to do as many miles a day as a taxi then it ain't the car for you ! But if you want a fantastic motor to turn heads with that lovely sound of the v6 an enjoy your driving buy one ,I hope I'm not tempting fate but my car hasn't missed a beat I love it an wouldn't hesitate to have another ,I'm not a bore an of course when times right I do let loose with it an it's fantastic the v6 engine would pull a house down !

6th Gear

Status
    You guy's need to drive a b5 s4 if you wanna compare smoothness, better Mpg and much more power ! If you think 20Mpg average is ok from the 3.0 quattro then you're kidding yourself. I do know by the way that they did not do a 2.7 TT b6 and a remap just smoothes out the already smooth 3.0 engine...
    FOR SALE:
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Neutral

Status
    I'm very happy with mine, no trouble at all. I get easily 34mpg (indicated) when I drive calmly and 24mpg when I thrash it, but hey if you want fuel economy go get a Prius...I like the 3.0 and have it anyway over the other petrols.
    3.0V6 Quattro Convertible Tip - Crystal blue, blue roof, grey leather

Upgrades: RS6 18" Wheels, Pirelli Zero Rosso 235/40R18, Philips extreme bulbs, brodit phone holder, Wind Deflector, BMC Air Filter

5th Gear

Status
    the key thing is 3 you dont buy a car for eco that has a 3 in the description of the engine capacity and a 6, do i have to go down the route of V too

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paul26982 View Post
    the key thing is 3 you dont buy a car for eco that has a 3 in the description of the engine capacity and a 6, do i have to go down the route of V too
    LOL Yes and you forgot the Quattro as well, and in my case an automatic heavy soft top...
    3.0V6 Quattro Convertible Tip - Crystal blue, blue roof, grey leather

Upgrades: RS6 18" Wheels, Pirelli Zero Rosso 235/40R18, Philips extreme bulbs, brodit phone holder, Wind Deflector, BMC Air Filter

5th Gear

Status
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo' No Auto, sorry massive hater

yes Quattro a must, love mine

BahnStormer

Status
    Hopefully he realises that a 3.0 V6 will be beaten for fuel economy by pretty much any equivalent A4, but it's a nice smooth V6 and they tend to come better equipped than the 1.9TDI's and 2.0 petrols that might appear as "better value" at first...

If you're doing low mileage, then a 3.0 V6 makes a lot of sense.

That said: my next car is likely to be a 2.0T or 3.0TDI...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

5th Gear

Status
    dont get this

''If you're doing low mileage, then a 3.0 V6 makes a lot of sense''

the v6 is awesome on a run

6th Gear

Status
    He meant that if you do under 5k miles per year it might make sense but if you do more miles then the 3.0 quattro it becomes expensive to run. I run a few v6 tdi's quattro and my allroad on 20" wheels does 25-30 mpg whilst towing so i know that's expensive to run but it's a workhorse ! Also, there are better engines out there, much more fuel efficient and as refined as the 3.0 v6 !
    FOR SALE: