Knocking from O/S/F suspension

Captainwow

Reaction score
Sorry, probably a bit of a noob question;

I'm getting a knocking (sounds a bit like CV joint) from the O/S suspension on my '04 130 TDI Multitronic. It has started doing it over some stutter bumps, but mainly does it when cornering hard left when throttle's under load, or when the car rocks slightly between reverse and drive.

I've checked all the stupid arms for play, nothing. Checked the CV joints a few times as that was my first thought, nothing. I've ruled out the diff, as it just doesn't make sense for it to be that. All I can think it might be are possibly the top mount (is there a bearing in there? Audi say not :/ ) or the lower arm rear bush, which I know is chocolate on some VAg stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and will be rewarded by virtual cookies/Hobnobs.

if it does it on a steering lock that usually points towards a cv joint.... have you checked the roll bar bushes they are very common but that would be all the time really....

It's not really on lock, more when you pull out of a junction with some speed, therefore putting a fair amount of weight/load on that corner. I will check the bushes tho, thanks :) .

EDIT - Infact, it doesn't even need to have the steering turned. It's almost as if it's when there's force to pull the wheel back or forward, if that makes sense. That's what makes me think it's probably that bush or top mount.

That's what I'm hoping it is, nothing more serious. I'll change it when I fit the coilovers. Thanks :)