Electric window problem

niggtv

Reaction score
Hi,

My 2003 A4 Avant developed a fault today - the drivers window went down but wouldnt go back up again on the button. I can still get the window up by locking the car and holding the key fob lock button, so I'm guessing it's just the switch. All other window buttons still working too.

Has anyone else had this, and do I need to replace the whole 4 piece window button unit? Oh, and is it easy to remove...doesnt look obvious!

Thanks

The window switches come as a set of either 2 or 4. So you have to replace all not just one. No idea how you get them out on the B6 models as I have only got mine this week.

Worth checking eBay for a replacement switch just watch out for ones with damage. I can PDF removal guide if you need.

The window switches come as a set of either 2 or 4. So you have to replace all not just one. No idea how you get them out on the B6 models as I have only got mine this week.

They should be separate as I have a spare one in the boot of my car so you can replace just that one switch

Worth checking eBay for a replacement switch just watch out for ones with damage. I can PDF removal guide if you need.

Hi - a removal guide would be fantastic - thanks. Will PM you my email.