Drivers door lock will not unlock with key - HELP

graves_x

Reaction score
Audi A4 2004 1.9tdi avant

I had a major issue last night whereby the remote key fob shorted out or something and stopped working altogether, which was bad enough, but ony then did I discover that the only lock on the car wasn't working !

The drivers side door lock will lock if I use the key (turning anti clockwise) but if I turn it clockwise - Nothing ....

In the end the AA man turned up and managed to get in (by powering up the ignition (after removing the engine under tray / sump guard, and connecting his external power source to the wiring loom at some point in the underside of the engine bay) and then jamming the door open far enough to use a rod to lower the electric window)

He reckoned that its not an uncommon fault for a microswitch / chip in the locking mechanism to fail and cause this sort of thing. I'm taking it into Audi tomorrow, but does anyone have experience of similar issues, and have a guess at how much its gong to cost to fix ??

**Incidently ... After having the key in teh ignition with the engine running for a few minutes, it came back to life and appears to be working perfectly again ! Still need to get that lock fixed though in case it ever happens again ...**

Last edited: