Flat tyre on a Quattro

duffy78

Reaction score
Please tell me I only have to replace either side of the front axel.

get it mended
why replace

It's flat because the side is ripped.

The side is ripped because some Cnut ran me off the road.

The reason I'm asking about replacing in pairs or fours is because of the diffs on the car.

With respect, your first post wasn't very clear which is why I asked.

If your tread depths are within 2-3mm of each other than you should be ok. I wouldn't want to go anything too much over this personally, although everyone has a different viewpoint on this. It's probably better to buy a pair and keep the old one as a spare, better safe than sorry. I think you can be a bit more lenient front to rear than you can side to side on the same axle.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I'll do the pair and ask for the ok one back just in case something happens to one of the rears.

worth a glance on ebay for the same tyre part worn.

I have found some Avons pretty local to me, but they are not XL rated. Is not necessary to go for the higher loading or will the normal ones be ok?????

are they any good in the wet, that is the question you should be asking 1st......the only 1 thing between you and the 2 ton monster your in is the tyres, id not put budget tyres on my car, id rather take it off road until i had the funds for it, i learnt the hard way when i was young and it cost me over £3K, never again.

The tyres I've seen are Avon zz3's which are on the car ATM. But only 91 not 95 load rated so not XL.