Noise when clutch pressed in

Amir

Reaction score
Morning guys..

I had my clutch + flywheel replaced with a new LUK clutch and DMF over 7k miles ago. This was in july 2010, since then I had a sound when pressing the clutch pedal in. I took it back to the garage who had a look at it for a day and came back to say nothing was wrong. Surprsingly the sound had gone. Now this was a few months ago. It started happening again however I can't remember if its the same noise. It happens only when the clutch is pressed in and this time I find it difficult to engage into gear only when the sound is happening like a chirping or metal coin sort of sound. Took it back to the garage left it with them and called them later for a time scale. Now the lad on the phone said if its the same problem they had with my car before which was the throw out bearing should take a day. So they've admitted without realising that there was an issue last time. Why they weren't truthful about it I don't know. They rang back later advising its the flywheel. Its under warranty so they got on with it. Got delayed as they broke my slave cylinder so replaced that also. Got the car back and I had the same noise :s took it straight back they showed me my flywheel and how that it was noisy. If its doing it again they advised my gearbox could be damaging it. But within 2minutes of driving? Like I said above it happens when the clutch is depressed but not all the time. When it happens I find it hard to put it into gear. Any advice or thoughts appretiated. My first thought iget a gear box oil change as its done 140k with no known history gear box oil change.

Do you get the noise in neutral and in gear?If its a light rattling noise could be the thrust bearing

Do you get the noise in neutral and in gear?If its a light rattling noise could be the thrust bearing

Yes Its in neutral when clutch is in making the noise and in gear also .. The sound is different sometimes a chirping sound, can also be like a bag of coins sound and sometimes its deeper.

So if its in neutral too its unlikely to be the gearbox so i say bearing