aftermarket headunit ISO conector

unitzero

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have done a search but not come back with a definitive answer

I have a Chorus cassette/radio with Glovebox CD changer and factory amp/sub.

The CD changer won't work so, I decided to buy a cheap Pioneer HU - I thought It would be plug and play (silly me) as in my VW and Seat I just needed to swap 2 wire's round and all worked fine - however I found that i needed an ISO connector - so .. I went to "Hellfrauds" and purchased one for £30 (!!!!! almost as much as I paid for the HU) but this has not done the trick - it does not even power up the HU. I spoke to a friend who works there (whilst returning the connector and retrieving my £30). He said that A4's are notorious for being a PITA as they have so many configurations and they usually have to order all of the leads from Autoleads and try them out until they find the correct one - if at all. :sadlike:

I was just wondering if anyone has a specific part number that I can order that would definitely work on my 2002 1.8T Sport Avant with Chorus and CD changer and factory sub ?! would prefer it to NOT cost £30 either ! lol

Any help appreciated

Thanks

viewimage.jpg

that's what my stereo looks like - maybe Chorus II ?

the adaptor you bought should have worked but you need to run a wire from the fusebox to the ignition live on the wiring adaptor.
The a4 does not have an igintion live as part of the head unit wiring loom. Without the ignition live the headunit wont power up.There is a constant live and earth there.
Is yours a non-bose system with just back speakers amped?

I have an autoleads adaptor which I had in my old B6 and also the fascia plate to fill the gap around the head unit as the aftermarket headunits are a bit smaller.
My old one had a concert head unit though, so I'm not sure whether it would fit?

I have no idea which speakers are amped but it's non Bose and I deffo have the amp and sub in the boot so I'm presuming it's just the rear speakers and sub powered by the amp back there.

I would have thought that even if I had got the wrong adapter at least the fronts would have worked. but now you've explained there isn't a switched power source it kind of makes sense.