EM TuningSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

S4 Front Bumper on an A4 ??

Hi all!

Has anyone removed a standard A4 (B6) front bumper and fitted an S4 (B6) front bumper? they look almost identical in shape but im not sure if they are fixed differently.

I bought the S4 bumper about six months ago and I think its about time I fitted it (no more room in the bedroom LOL), The only problem that I know of is the new S4 bumper has headlamp washers and my standard bumper doesnt, will I need to replace the washer bottle as well or can I just 'plumb in the pipes' to make it work.

Plus has anyone got any pics of an A4 / S4 without their front bumpers fitted?

Cheers!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: S4 Front Bumper on an A4 ??

Mike,

Don't have an answer for you. However, I've been looking into fitting the rear S4 bumper to my Avant. audiworld.com has a lot of info on the S4 bumpers and there are people on there that have fitted the front and rear bumpers from the S4 onto the A4. So you could try there. One thing I did notice on AW was that the fogs in the S4 bumper are different to the A4 ones - so did you get them with the bumper? If not you might have to buy them.

I'm currently trying to get hold of an s-line front and S4 rear. Hoping to get my mits on them in the next few weeks.

6th Gear

Status

It you're doing this sort of work then I recommend you get the Bently factory CD.

1st Gear

Status

Mike,

Are you going to be the guinea pig for trying the ebay CD's then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

If they are any good I will follow suit.

Lucky Scotty doesn't need fancy bumpers as his came standard [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ahh well maybe I'll afford an S4 one day! For now the bumpers will have to do.

6th Gear

Status

In deed you are correct.

My Bentley CD covers :

1.8T
    3.0 V6
    4.2 V8

4th Gear

Status

i think buy and copy sounds better!!!!!

speaking off that i still need a navi cd!!!! anyone got a copy i can buy/have

1st Gear

Status

Mike - make sure you post up some pics once you get the S4 bumpers on - I'm v interested in seeing how it turns out. Cheers!

Saw your price for getting them painted plus other stuff - sounded very reasonable.

2nd Gear

Status

Yep, I know the guy who owns the garage so this helps, Im dropping my car off next weds and then im off to spain for a week, hopefully when I get back it should be ready, well, except for fitting the front bumper.

I had a good look at the bumpers today, the aluminium cross member which fixes the car to the bumper cover (the plastic bit) is very different, but modifying shouldnt be a prob, my biggest headache is the washer bottle issue.

I'll take some pics as I go along !

4th Gear

Status

yea i can get most bumpers sprayed for around 40-80 if anyone ever needs it done!

1st Gear

Status

I'm currently working on putting the S-line bumper on my 2002A4.

Many have put the S4 on and it's a direct fit. the fogs and grilles are different and are very expensive. If you take your time and look around the bumper you can figure out how to take it off. It's pretty easy to see how it comes a part.

Reverse Gear

Status
    hello, i change my rear standard a4 b6 bumper with an s4 one and fits perfectly with no modification, but i wanna know if the front one will fit properly? what i know when i removed the front standard bumper comes off together with the rebar and i wanna know when you buy the s4 front bumper if comes together with this rebar or i have to remove the rebar from my old one and fix it into the s4 front bumper? please someone help

3rd Gear

Status
    S4 front bumper is a straight swap, remove old bumper, remove support bracket, fit to S4 one and then bolt on.....

However, you will need to buy new fog lights, standard A4 ones will not fit and after 2 months of searching I bit the bullet and got them from the dealer....... the grilles are also different as well, did mine last year and it looks great, especially with an all black front grille to match..

Where did you get the rear from and how much was it, been trawling e-bay for months for one for my avant.....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny s. View Post
    hello, i change my rear standard a4 b6 bumper with an s4 one and fits perfectly with no modification, but i wanna know if the front one will fit properly? what i know when i removed the front standard bumper comes off together with the rebar and i wanna know when you buy the s4 front bumper if comes together with this rebar or i have to remove the rebar from my old one and fix it into the s4 front bumper? please someone help
    Stick up some Pic's of the rear S4 Bumper please
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

mickyray

Status
    Hi,
    Can we see some pics of the mod! and on a seperate subject does anyone have the an up to date cd for the RNSE system? I have just fitted one in my B6 and am looking for the CD and manual!!