S4 Front Bumper on an A4 ??

mikeA2B

Reaction score
Website
combatdoors.com
Hi all!

Has anyone removed a standard A4 (B6) front bumper and fitted an S4 (B6) front bumper? they look almost identical in shape but im not sure if they are fixed differently.

I bought the S4 bumper about six months ago and I think its about time I fitted it (no more room in the bedroom LOL), The only problem that I know of is the new S4 bumper has headlamp washers and my standard bumper doesnt, will I need to replace the washer bottle as well or can I just 'plumb in the pipes' to make it work.

Plus has anyone got any pics of an A4 / S4 without their front bumpers fitted?

Cheers!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Mike,

Don't have an answer for you. However, I've been looking into fitting the rear S4 bumper to my Avant. audiworld.com has a lot of info on the S4 bumpers and there are people on there that have fitted the front and rear bumpers from the S4 onto the A4. So you could try there. One thing I did notice on AW was that the fogs in the S4 bumper are different to the A4 ones - so did you get them with the bumper? If not you might have to buy them.

I'm currently trying to get hold of an s-line front and S4 rear. Hoping to get my mits on them in the next few weeks.

It you're doing this sort of work then I recommend you get the Bently factory CD.

Mike,

Are you going to be the guinea pig for trying the ebay CD's then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

If they are any good I will follow suit.

Lucky Scotty doesn't need fancy bumpers as his came standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ahh well maybe I'll afford an S4 one day! For now the bumpers will have to do.

In deed you are correct.

My Bentley CD covers :

1.8T
3.0 V6
4.2 V8

i think buy and copy sounds better!!!!!

speaking off that i still need a navi cd!!!! anyone got a copy i can buy/have

Mike - make sure you post up some pics once you get the S4 bumpers on - I'm v interested in seeing how it turns out. Cheers!

Saw your price for getting them painted plus other stuff - sounded very reasonable.

Yep, I know the guy who owns the garage so this helps, Im dropping my car off next weds and then im off to spain for a week, hopefully when I get back it should be ready, well, except for fitting the front bumper.

I had a good look at the bumpers today, the aluminium cross member which fixes the car to the bumper cover (the plastic bit) is very different, but modifying shouldnt be a prob, my biggest headache is the washer bottle issue.

I'll take some pics as I go along !

yea i can get most bumpers sprayed for around £40-£80 if anyone ever needs it done!

I'm currently working on putting the S-line bumper on my 2002A4.

Many have put the S4 on and it's a direct fit. the fogs and grilles are different and are very expensive. If you take your time and look around the bumper you can figure out how to take it off. It's pretty easy to see how it comes a part.

hello, i change my rear standard a4 b6 bumper with an s4 one and fits perfectly with no modification, but i wanna know if the front one will fit properly? what i know when i removed the front standard bumper comes off together with the rebar and i wanna know when you buy the s4 front bumper if comes together with this rebar or i have to remove the rebar from my old one and fix it into the s4 front bumper? please someone help

S4 front bumper is a straight swap, remove old bumper, remove support bracket, fit to S4 one and then bolt on.....

However, you will need to buy new fog lights, standard A4 ones will not fit and after 2 months of searching I bit the bullet and got them from the dealer....... the grilles are also different as well, did mine last year and it looks great, especially with an all black front grille to match..

Where did you get the rear from and how much was it, been trawling e-bay for months for one for my avant.....

hello, i change my rear standard a4 b6 bumper with an s4 one and fits perfectly with no modification, but i wanna know if the front one will fit properly? what i know when i removed the front standard bumper comes off together with the rebar and i wanna know when you buy the s4 front bumper if comes together with this rebar or i have to remove the rebar from my old one and fix it into the s4 front bumper? please someone help

Stick up some Pic's of the rear S4 Bumper please

Hi,
Can we see some pics of the mod! and on a seperate subject does anyone have the an up to date cd for the RNSE system? I have just fitted one in my B6 and am looking for the CD and manual!!