Advice Needed Please, Jom Coilvers wont go low on rear.

jambofuz

Reaction score
Hi All, please can I get some advice,

Had a set of Jom Blue line coilovers fitted to my 2003 A4 B6 on friday.

Rears are on full adjustment but have only lowered the car by 25mm.

The kit clearly states 30-70mm drop.

Have spoken to venom - they said cut the bumpstops on the rear shocks and take out the adjuster rings?

Have checked the bumpstops, its not even on them! So cant see how cutting them down is going to help

+ removing the adjutser ring, yeah may give me 7mm more but thats it!!! Plus that is why I bought coilovers

so I can adjust them as and when.

No very impresssed to be honest, anyone got any ideas? or should I just remove the kit and ask for my money back ?

Many thanks James.

The claimed drop of 30-70mm (very wide?) will be from a standard car. If your car is a Sport then it will already be 20mm lower, so if you've got 25mm already then thats a total of 45mm and probably all you can expect.

I've read before that cheap coilovers don't lower the rear of B6's as much as claimed.

I have cheap raceland coilovers and the rear of my car is very low. And has a bit more to go.

Can you get away with removing the rear spring seat/adjuster to give you some more lows ?

Cheers Guys, Mine is a sport but its now sitting higher than the old sport suspension :(

Could I remove the whole adjuster and just leave the spring in place?

I think a few other people have had the same issue, anyone know how they got round it?

Cheers Guys, Mine is a sport but its now sitting higher than the old sport suspension :(

Could I remove the whole adjuster and just leave the spring in place?

I think a few other people have had the same issue, anyone know how they got round it?

If its anything like the mk4 golf the standard rear spring isnt held in place with a adjuster. So just take it out and see how low it goes.

Its all comming off next wed, Venom have been very helpfull and offered me a full refund. - So as im spending the money having all the suspension apart again, should I go for some 40mm springs while im there? would these be ok with the sport shocks? If so what make would people reccomend? Cheers James

if your going back to springs then get the B5 spring perches for the fronts aswell.... it seems this will also give you 10-15mm drop and they cost around £40 aint tryed and tested myself yet but i will be soon

Hi thanks for the advice, have you got part numbers for them by any chance? cheers J