Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

ABT front bumper lip/spoiler

Hi guys

Iv decided not to go down the route of getting a front bumper - as a modification, i previously had a thread discussing this and getting ideas and one of the ideas was the RiegerRS4plus bumper ..but i decided against getting a replacement front bumper as there are many that are not very good and the ones that do look decent are pricey - such as the RiegerRS4plus and a Oettineger one that i also liked - overall cost of buying, shipping, painting and fitting was quite alot - so decided against

As with most people, my absolute favorite is the Votex - but not seen one comes up anywhere in a while. There is a cheap chinese version on the web - jc sportline the company is called - and theyre based in china - making aftermarket copies...

A4 B6 Votex Body Kit-Front bumper

..however i dont know how good the fit would be - and whether i could add the original OEM mesh/plastic piece grilles...to try and make it look as OEM as possible...

Anyway - back to the question - iv not seen a ABT splitter avilable on eBay for abit - anyone know of a website i can buy from - where the fit would be good - anyone with any experience of this...

Like i say - most likely going to keep it straightforward and just wack on the ABT splitter....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    bump up for replies...

just after a good quality abt lip

3rd Gear

Status
    whats an ABT front splitter look like?? most splitters on the b6 are the seat leon one, they used to be £15 from seat but are not about £35,
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Neutral

Status
    Its actually the bottom half of the bumper, the ABT bumper extension/replacement/splitter - whatever its called!

heres a picture

So the bottom part of my bumper would come off - and the ABT bottom half would be attached on...

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Paul @ Unit on Facebook Visit Paul @ Unit's Instagram Channel
    ive got a votex' well its stamped ms design in my garage, must get my finger out with it, need some grills

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

3rd Gear

Status
    I see what you mean now, not seen many with that front bumper, i have the rear one in the garage i bought it from parts depot on ebay but never fitted it not seen a front one on there but maybe send them an email see if they can help you out

As for the copied ones i would not go near them, they are usually utter crap, never fit properly and will end up costing you alot more just to get them to look and fit right
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paul26982 View Post
    ive got a votex' well its stamped ms design in my garage, must get my finger out with it, need some grills
    Did you by any chance get that off eBay? I remember seeing the bottom half of a Votex/MS DESIGNS around 4-6 months ago... had a buy it now for was it 160 quid or therabouts and was slightly damaged?

i was going to go for that - but when i found out the grilles cost around 80 each - i didnt go for it...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post

As for the copied ones i would not go near them, they are usually utter crap, never fit properly and will end up costing you alot more just to get them to look and fit right
    This is it Pabs - too many poor quality replicas about - trying to keep away... which is why im hoping someone can direct me to a good quality one.

Even if its a copy - as long as its good quality and fits good

il see what 'parts depot' come back with - will drop them a message shortly

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Black_B6 View Post
    Did you by any chance get that off eBay? I remember seeing the bottom half of a Votex/MS DESIGNS around 4-6 months ago... had a buy it now for was it 160 quid or therabouts and was slightly damaged?

i was going to go for that - but when i found out the grilles cost around 80 each - i didnt go for it...
    Year got it off Ebay' No damage what so ever'

didnt think and sure they not that dear the grills

6th Gear

Status
    the grills are stupidly high prices for what they are paul id put some nice wier mesh on it

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by simon.m View Post
    the grills are stupidly high prices for what they are paul id put some nice wier mesh on it
    link to what mesh you thinking, just as a backup plan

Neutral

Status
    Just came across this whilst going through google images...

Its basically the ABT lower spoiler/lip - but modified - which makes it almost look like the Votex bumper. Not a bad alternative - seen as the Votex itself is difficult to pick up nowadays

More can be seen on here - to read up on how it was done - Modified ABT front splitter - uk-audis

Im thinking of possibly going down this route now

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I quite like that. Dare I say it looks better than a Votex to me, the fit looks very good, and I like the lip at the bottom.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Looks likea good mod any more pics?

Were did you purchase the mesh from?
    For Sale
    climate control (double din non chrome)
    Black roof lining (sportback)
    pm me for more info..

BBM: 28E07323

My Panoramic RetroFit

6th Gear

Status
    not looked on line for it mate but halfords did it a few mths back looked really good too

Neutral

Status
    eBay - - - HIGH QUALITY RS4 PLASTIC RACE MESH, GRILLE, VENT | eBay

From Germany - looks like good stuff

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I quite like that. Dare I say it looks better than a Votex to me, the fit looks very good, and I like the lip at the bottom.
    Yes James - looks very good doesnt it and as i say - a very good alternative to the Votex....the only differnce being that the Votex is deeper/lower...

But IMO a very good alternative, aswell as a much cheaper alternative, to have a very similar look...

Also - as per usual, the LCR splitter may finish things off nicely....not entirely sure, as alredy a 'lip' on the bottom - but may well work nicely with the LCR splitter - just to make it look lower/deeper