pic request please

marktdisport

Reaction score
spoke to a alloy wheel refurber today about the rs6 but he said they would look sweet being grey but im ok with silver... so does anyone have and silver b6 with grey rs6 please

Stick with Silver bud

IMO, that gunmetal grey or even as dark as charcoal looks really really good, EXCEPT on silver cars... stick with silver.

edit: he's probably just worried he won't be able to match the same shade of silver again. Wheel Wizzards (not recommended!) in Byfleet tried that with me a few years ago and one of the guys mentioned that somebody had complained when the guy came in with a custom wheel colour and they didn't match it... I just said that as far as I was concerned, Avus silver was Avus silver, so as long as they used the same paint they did for Audi (who they claim to refurb wheels for), then I would be fine with it... just a same that they then didn't cure the wheels properly and stacked them in cardboard boxes (leaving corrugations all over the rims) and then took two weeks to sort out the wheels and still did a pretty average job of it.

Last edited:
funny you should mention wheel matching at a later date he also mentioned some horror stories and has promised this aint the case with his finish..... he told me that some of these powder coaters are using cheaper commercial types.... that are used on gates etc..

B00zehound did his, I can't find any decent pics, just his signature one. Looked good I thought. I'd be tempted to do it.

mybanner4ab6a2cfca689.jpg

Light Gunmetal Metalic - on one of my old golfs.

Last edited by a moderator: