front sub frame mounts

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
had the car in the garage today on the ramps looking for the rattle that iv got, even took it to a shaker :scared2: at an mot place, still no joy,

the 3rd mechanic is now suspecting its a sub frame mount thats had it,

my question is, do you need to take the sub frame off to change it or can you just burn/cut the old on out and slid a new one in or has it got to be pressed in ? ive found a few compleate sub frames with mounts already in them at a good price.

your views ?

Hello mate, I think I have exactly the same problem.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...assis/135397-problems-any-advice-welcome.html

I have had a rattle/clanging for ages. I have checked everything, today had the car in the air and noticed the movment in the front subframe mounting bushes, I lubed them up and took it for a run, the noise was greatly reduced.

So need to know if the mountings and bushes are easily changable without removing the subframe. Im going to speak to my local Audi parts man and see if he can order in the parts, Ican then inspect them so willbe able to tell if I can replcae them easily. Realy dont want to have to remove the subframe.

Hello mate, I think I have exactly the same problem.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...assis/135397-problems-any-advice-welcome.html

I have had a rattle/clanging for ages. I have checked everything, today had the car in the air and noticed the movment in the front subframe mounting bushes, I lubed them up and took it for a run, the noise was greatly reduced.

So need to know if the mountings and bushes are easily changable without removing the subframe. Im going to speak to my local Audi parts man and see if he can order in the parts, Ican then inspect them so willbe able to tell if I can replcae them easily. Realy dont want to have to remove the subframe.

the sub frame is only held on by 4 bolts, but there are things attached to it, its not a job for the light hearted and to change the rubbers you will need to take the sub frame off, some people buy replacement sub frames from ebay and just swap them over, i will be changing the mounts for new ones.

more news on tuesday.