Chris NottVolks Autos
Results 1 to 26 of 26
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By S3 GAZ

Thread: Where to order parts

  1. #1
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433

    Where to order parts

    As above really I want to do my cam belt and water pump on my 1.9tdi but don't want to use main stealer as I'm not paying for them just to put their stamp on it!

    Where can you get decent quality parts at a decent price?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    BahnStormer77's Avatar
    BahnStormer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,579
    Have the dealers dealers stopped doing that special? It was about £475 all-in for the 4 cylinder models...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

  4. #3
    bowen's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    456
    GSF?
    Audi A4 B7 SE S line TFSI Quattro.

  5. #4
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    Have the dealers dealers stopped doing that special? It was about £475 all-in for the 4 cylinder models...
    200 quid too much when I can do it my self :-)

  6. #5
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by bowen View Post
    GSF?
    Thanks will check them out

    Any others? What's euro car parts like for parts or is it cheap crap

  7. #6
    S3 GAZ's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Renfrewshire Scotland
    Posts
    299
    Hi I used eurocarparts when I did my timing belt. Got a continental belt kit which I believe is what Audi use anyway.

    If you try to enter discount code CALL100 you should get %20 off and you can pick up from branch.
    bowen likes this.

  8. #7
    666markyboy's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oldham, Manchester
    Posts
    1,089
    Started getting most of my stuff off eBay these days though i must admit i used GSF when i did the cambelt on my A3.... i'm also about ready to do it on the A4
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

  9. #8
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,708

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    It's worth a building a relationship with your local TPS.

    Trade Parts Specialists.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  10. #9
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    It's worth a building a relationship with your local TPS.

    Trade Parts Specialists.
    I already have but they aren't the cheapest to be fair

    I've been looking on line at prices and they vary so much its unreal!

    might just go to my local supplier and see what they can come up with the bonus is that if its wrong you can easily take it back too!

  11. #10
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,708

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I've always found TPS quite competitive, but as with everything it varies. They can charge you retail price if they see fit which is never good news!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  12. #11
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    I will also be having a word with a mate of mine to see what sort of discount he can get me seen as though he owns a garage! although believe it or not I can usually get the same prices!

    I will have to keep looking as I have a nice list of things to buy! the main thing I'm bothered about is the quality as I replaced some suspension arms not so long back and they are shot already!

  13. #12
    beachbuggy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,727
    Eurocarparts or GSF. Never had an issue with there parts. GSF also sell the metal water pump. TPS are good but more expensive. If you want Eurocarparts there are 25% discount codes available pm if you need one.

  14. #13
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    well i have rang a few places and also rang audi and i was really surprised at audi prices to be honest

    i can get a cam belt kit off audi for £102.50 plus vat which i would be happy to pay one motor factor has 3 cam belt kits one at £79 one at £80 and one at £115 they said i would have to buy all 3 and see which is the right one when i take the old one off!! so on that basis the audi one would be better as i know it will be the right one in the first place

    water pump was cheaper from audi too

    so i think i will just go to audi

  15. #14
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    14,336
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_m View Post
    well i have rang a few places and also rang audi and i was really surprised at audi prices to be honest

    i can get a cam belt kit off audi for £102.50 plus vat which i would be happy to pay one motor factor has 3 cam belt kits one at £79 one at £80 and one at £115 they said i would have to buy all 3 and see which is the right one when i take the old one off!! so on that basis the audi one would be better as i know it will be the right one in the first place

    water pump was cheaper from audi too

    so i think i will just go to audi
    Have you tried ECP. Jason posted a link.

    Euro Car Parts Easter offer

  16. #15
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Have you tried ECP. Jason posted a link.

    Euro Car Parts Easter offer
    yes not that great to be honest and too much choice of parts which i would have to buy them all to see what fits then return them

  17. #16
    S3 GAZ's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Renfrewshire Scotland
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_m View Post
    yes not that great to be honest and too much choice of parts which i would have to buy them all to see what fits then return them
    I don't understand mate. Why not so great. They have lots of choice but that's not a bad thing.

    I got PD spec oil. Filters, timing belt kit which was a continental one which is what audi use. And new water pump all delivered for £137. Now that's bloody great if you ask me.

    TPS and GSF even at trade prices were nowhere near that.

  18. #17
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    there is 3 different belts for my car apparently well its the tensioner that's different and if I dont know which one it is then i would have to buy all 3 then take the others back and get a refund something I cant afford to do to be honest

    i want to make sure i get the right kit first time as we have just gone down to one car and cant afford for it to be off the road for longer then it needs to be also there is 2 water pumps to choose from!

    that is a good price i might pop in to them tomorrow and see if whats what and see if i can get all the right bits!

  19. #18
    S3 GAZ's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Renfrewshire Scotland
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_m View Post
    there is 3 different belts for my car apparently well its the tensioner that's different and if I dont know which one it is then i would have to buy all 3 then take the others back and get a refund something I cant afford to do to be honest

    i want to make sure i get the right kit first time as we have just gone down to one car and cant afford for it to be off the road for longer then it needs to be also there is 2 water pumps to choose from!

    that is a good price i might pop in to them tomorrow and see if whats what and see if i can get all the right bits!
    Take your engine code with you and im sure they will match the tensioner to your car. Also mind take note of the discount codes that have been mentioned. 25% better in your pocket mate.

  20. #19
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    thats what i did when i rang up and even with the engine code there was 3 belts and 2 water pumps!

    i will go in to see them tomorrow and see what we can sort out as the guy on the phone didnt seem helpful

  21. #20
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    sorted

    £260 spent on parts and fluids!

    got a timing belt kit, water pump, front wheel bearing, thermostat, coolant temp sensor, oil and oil filter and coolant some bits from euro car parts and some from audi i got the timing belt kit for £77 from euro car parts with a discount code

  22. #21
    S3 GAZ's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Renfrewshire Scotland
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_m View Post
    sorted

    £260 spent on parts and fluids!

    got a timing belt kit, water pump, front wheel bearing, thermostat, coolant temp sensor, oil and oil filter and coolant some bits from euro car parts and some from audi i got the timing belt kit for £77 from euro car parts with a discount code
    That's good mate. You tackling it yourself?

  23. #22
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 GAZ View Post
    That's good mate. You tackling it yourself?

    Yeah I will be I don't let anyone fiddle with my cars or bikes

    Looks simple enough

  24. #23
    S3 GAZ's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Renfrewshire Scotland
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_m View Post
    Yeah I will be I don't let anyone fiddle with my cars or bikes

    Looks simple enough
    Good stuff mate. I did mines too. Have you got the locking tools.

    Here's my thread from mines. Getting bumper out of the way was the hardest part.

    Well Chuffed with myself. What royal wedding?

  25. #24
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks will have a read over that...I have the locking tools and the bumper can be off in no time at all its been off that many times lol

  26. #25
    gonna getcha

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    somewhere where the the speed limit is over 150mph.
    Posts
    72
    How do you get an account with TPS? Is it just for trade. Cheers Neil..

  27. #26
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    1
    Hi all,
    same question here. I tried calling my local branch (oxford) and they told me 'trade only'. Any idea how I can get around this?
    cheers.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. A3 parts for sale Bumpers, interior parts, brakes, shocks and springs
    By Troubs12 in forum For Sale/Wanted - Audi Parts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th May 2011, 22:21
  2. Genuine parts mail order supplier
    By g60leigh in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th February 2010, 11:10
  3. mail order audi parts
    By ROLTYA3TURBO in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th July 2009, 19:54
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 6th March 2009, 19:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO