2.5 TDI injector sweat

R2XPT

Reaction score
Hi guys I noticed yesterday I have diesel leaking out of one of my injectors, it's either the pipe that goes in the top of the injector or the other part where the 2 black hoses clip on to, how do I go about sorting this? Is it a case of cracking the nuts up a touch?

Not sure mike? The black pipes that go in that's where its wet all down the rocker cover

the rubber pipes crack and split and you cant see them until you pull them off and inspect them closely, my advise is to change them for the £8 worth of pipping and give the nuts a loosen up and then re tighten them up, wipe away any diesel left and put a bit of regular talcum powder in that area to see where the leak is coming from if it continues, if no leak then just wipe away the talc powder,

Where the spill pipes are joined on to a metal y piece there's a 10mm nut, got half a turn on it, so assuming that was my problem I hope

Where the spill pipes are joined on to a metal y piece there's a 10mm nut, got half a turn on it, so assuming that was my problem I hope

yep, id say so, but why was it undone ? you can get replacement brass washers for pennys from Audi, Id be more inclined to replace them for good measures,

yep, id say so, but why was it undone ? you can get replacement brass washers for pennys from Audi, Id be more inclined to replace them for good measures,

Not sure why I only got the car Friday night.

How many washers would I need 6 or 12?

Ok cheers so 2 per bolt then. Anything else to look out for on these engines? Mines 118k seems to drive great sofar

After the half turn tighten, I've went out a drive and it's still leaking, I will get new washers, also the black hose is all wet also how can I check if it's damaged as it has a mesh stuff over it?

After the half turn tighten, I've went out a drive and it's still leaking, I will get new washers, also the black hose is all wet also how can I check if it's damaged as it has a mesh stuff over it?

pull the tube with the mesh off and inspect the rubber under the mesh, they are a simple push fit. The ruber hardens and cracks over time. pop to your local motor factor and ask for diesel leak off pipe to replace.