Changing an engine mount on a 2.5 TDI

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm about to attempt to change an engine mount on my 2.5tdi.
After a quick inspection, I see that the mount itself is sat on a mounting bracket made from alloy.

My question is : do you support the engine and lower the engine mount down on the bracket it sits on ?

Turkster, have a look at the link below, just change at the top of the page for your model. It seems quite a useful sight i found. Hope its of some use. If not, sorry in advance. :)

AudiDIY.com Audi B5 A4 DIY Articles

I'm about to attempt to change an engine mount on my 2.5tdi.
After a quick inspection, I see that the mount itself is sat on a mounting bracket made from alloy.

My question is : do you support the engine and lower the engine mount down on the bracket it sits on ?
Yep, yo need an engine crane. be careful how you hook it though, i had one of the inlet manifolds snapped under strain from where you lift the engine !
Another option is lowering the subframe and supporting the engine but it will require new bolts and geometry check if done that way !

Yep, yo need an engine crane. be careful how you hook it though, i had one of the inlet manifolds snapped under strain from where you lift the engine !
Another option is lowering the subframe and supporting the engine but it will require new bolts and geometry check if done that way !

I was looking at supporting the engine from under side ( big plank of wood spread out over the underside of the engine ) and then undoing the bracket that holds the mount, letting the engine mount to become free to drop out as a whole after the top screw was undone, that way the engine can stay put and the mount should be free to go ?

I've got the 01375 fault code (the mount with the sensor). The bloke that does all my work suggested it's nothing to worry about but I can't help thinking that's probably because it sounds a right pain in the **** to do. It's probably not healthy to leave it as it is......if I did leave it wouldn't it put extra load on other components?

im sure the 2.5TDI has 2 with wired sensors mate.

my car seems to have a knock upon start up from that area of the car, my car has had the 01375 code since 2007 so maybe the fluids inside have drained away and caused the pressure on the centre bolt to snap,

ive got a brand new non wired engine mount if anyone requires one... 8EO 199 382 AG just to add i also had this code and it was the rear gearbox mounting completly split away causing excessive movement and the sensored mount was picking up the extra knocking...

ive got a brand new non wired engine mount if anyone requires one... 8EO 199 382 AG just to add i also had this code and it was the rear gearbox mounting completly split away causing excessive movement and the sensored mount was picking up the extra knocking...

Ah, did you get a knock at start up before you even moved the car ?

Iv got 2 engine mounts from a 1.9TDI but i have a feeling they are not going to fit my car at all ?

What enging is the engine mount you have for ?

did mine last summer, As turkster says really. Start by removing anything that stops you getting to the top nut on the engine mount in question and then remove the top nut, its 10mm i think. Next Support engine on a trolly jack, i placed a steel spreader plate and then a plank of wood between the sump and jack. Then undid the alloy mounting bracket from below. remove and change the engine mount then refit the lot, i refitted the bracket in the same position as before removal, it has a bit of sideways movement so can go back on slightly off the mark. remember to refit the engine mount at the same rotation as it came off. bobs your uncle, All in it only took an hour, I think i could half that time on the next one.

Its not the safest way to do the job as adamss24 says it should be done with a crane, however i had no issues at all and no need to borrow or hire a crane.

turkster i was getting a slight thud from the mount when pulling off but if i was moving slowly on slight downhill and released throttle i was getting a massive thud... felt by the o/s gearbox tunnel.... the mount i have should be for a 1.9tdi... what part numbers do you have.... need someone with ekta to check m8