Tyre pressure

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Fitted my 18's and have a new pair of Falken 452's on the front but am unsure what pressure to run them at you get a range of anywhere between 32&45 psi depending of what forum/website you look at, auto data gives either 32 or 36 so just wondered what pressure everyone with 18's is running?
Thanks as always.
Matt

Well got this image from google - taken from a B6 & shows correct pressures for 18's.

18tyrepressure.jpg

Never thought of looking there, only probly the biggest source of information! DOH!!, thanks very much.

LOL I've never seen that before either!

went to google clicked on "images" & searched for "audi a4 tyre pressure sticker" loads of photo's came back - all from different forums.

My 2.5Tdi Quattro Sport Avant has min 41 all round on its sticker so I think the model must be a factor.

My 2.5Tdi Quattro Sport Avant has min 41 all round on its sticker so I think the model must be a factor.

Is that for 235/40 x 18 Mike? The reason I ask is that 18" wheels didn't come as standard on the B6 until the S-Lines. They could be specified as an option, were yours if thats what the sticker says?

I have the 18 inch option on mine and the correct sticker , I'll take a look and let you know the pressures

Is that for 235/40 x 18 Mike? The reason I ask is that 18" wheels didn't come as standard on the B6 until the S-Lines. They could be specified as an option, were yours if thats what the sticker says?
Yes James I think the car came with 18s although I now have 245s on cos I found some on some refurbed wheels when it was tyre replacement time and my 18s were curbed.I have wondered if the 41psi was overdone but the wear and ride seem OK considering its a Sport but my last SE was a lot softer with 16s

tryed a few combo's on mine and 32-33 seems perfect all around tryed up to 36 and car feels pooo when taking it into bends a bit harsh with the higher pressures... 45 psi a corner lol you will be floating

i dont belive you lot did not no there was a sticker when you open the door on the piller lol aNY how it says 38 in mine i would never put that much in them would make for a bumpy ride put 33 to 34 in mine but im on 17

Last edited:
I knew that sticker was there Simon, but unless your A4 came with 18"s from the factory (which is pretty rare or an S-Line) that sticker only covers 16" or 17" wheels so is of no use.

The pic of the sticker shows the pressures for 18'at the bottom

Lol no I think I can remember 36 psi ok :thumbsup:

Your car's pretty well specced George, did it leave the factory with 18"s?

Afraid not, it came with 17 inch 'star' wheels. I put the OEM RS4 9 spokes on and got the sticker from my local dealer. Got to keep it looking original ;-)

kite - can you put the part no up for the sticker.

cheers

I intend to keep the car for quite a while so has to look right :)

Sticker part number....8E5 010 502 CB
Model specific, so is that for the V6 TDI quattro? Nice eye for detail though, might have to get myself one!! Just need to make sure I don't put a 1.8T FWD spec tyre pressure sticker in it though!!