Climate Control panels

chris1008

Reaction score
My single cd Concert cd player is on it's way out so i decided to go for the SymphonyII tape and 6 Disc unit. Thought that the climate control panel would just slot in lower down as seen on other models so a bought one. then realised I need the cage with the different gaps, and then then i noticed the difference between the climate control panels not fitting low down due to the angle of the dashboard so got one of those.

It's off a B7 2007 A4, (goes on and on this does) after buying that thinking it was the same i read somewere about needing a small modification to get the heated rear screen to work. tested it and it works as it should apart from the heated screen, stays on for about 2 seconds. what do i need to do ? got everything i need for it now, i think

I'm considering trying swapping the front fascias over from one another

Wish I'd just bought another Concert now !

The rear screen wiring mod is easy, you just need a 30 amp relay and there is a write up on here somewhere from Woorlord if I remember correctly, did mine last year.....

that looks complicated to me. plus i'm not cutting and crimping wires ! just read someone had melted wires afterwards

i'm going to try swapping the entire front panel off and connect to the back panel of my original, then if it dosnt work then i will see how i can go about removing the circuit boards from the front panels so i have the original gubbins behind the double din fascia. if not then i will most probably go and sulk over all the money i've spent on trying to do this lol

Not complicated at all, what you plan on doing to the units is far more tricky, I certainly wouldn't attempt to start swapping circuit boards, so long as you have a crimping tool you should be fine, took me about 20 minutes.....

Took me a couple of day doing it a bit at dinner at work and in the evening I got it going by swapping the boards round. Absolute pain in the **** to take the console out, and i had to cut some of that off in order for it to fit around the double din cage. quite disapointed with the quality of the sound from the symphony unit though