what is the best way to remove.LONG CALIPER BOLTS ON THE REAR OF AN AVANT??

cominatcha

gonna getcha
Reaction score
somewhere where the the speed limit is over 150mph
Nice weekend, sun out, rear pads and discs have been in my garage for a little while. so far good. intentions to change rear brakes on my a4 b6 avant. tried to remove those allen key long bolts to remove the pad carrier as i want to change the discs. bad intensions could not budge them any ideas? cheers neil....:redrs4:

loads of wd40 or heat them up with a heat gun

copper hammer also and a bit of a knock on the head may just loosen things up also with heat

take it to a garage

Im sure you can do the discs without removing the carriers, have done lots like this, it is tight but it can be done, or in the above case struggle a bit and then you can get them out, lack of room is the problem.

Im sure you can do the discs without removing the carriers, have done lots like this, it is tight but it can be done, or in the above case struggle a bit and then you can get them out, lack of room is the problem.

he needs to remove the calipers and i think he is on about the two bolts that hold the brake caliper and brake pads in order to change them. Try putting **** loads of pepsi on it. Don't round off the bolts because youll be in trouble. You dont need to unscrew anything else to take the brake disk off ( well at least on the salon)

When I did mine last year- The old discs came out without needing to remove the Carrier ( as they were very thin) but the new discs just did not want to slip in, the 7mm Hex bolt on the top of the Carrier was rounded, so the only way I could get this bolt out was to buy Irwin Bolt Grip, the 16mm socket in the set fitted over the Hex bolt ( had to bang it on using a Claw hammer - Side on) then I was able to use my 3/8 ratchet to get it out, then used a rubber mallet to knock the carrier out of the way enough to get the new disc on!
Also purchased some new Hex bolts from Audi ( part no: N 910 587 02) just bought the top bolts & only cost about £2

he needs to remove the calipers and i think he is on about the two bolts that hold the brake caliper and brake pads in order to change them. Try putting **** loads of pepsi on it. Don't round off the bolts because youll be in trouble. You dont need to unscrew anything else to take the brake disk off ( well at least on the salon)

Im with you now I had to change mine earlier in the year couldnt budge them so unfortunatly it was the garage for me :-( no matter how much I tried to get the discs off without taking the bracket off it was no good, cost me a new caliper as well as it was shot!!