Remote locking / tailgate lock problems 2003 Avant

terryp

Reaction score
Hello
A couple of days ago , we suddenly could not open the boot via the handle/switch only the key. On pressing the handle you could hear a little servo type noise but not enough to open the lock. Then suddenly today the remote locking has stopped working altogther.
The central locking with a key is still working OK and the batteries in both remotes are fairly new
Anyone any ideas ?

I can only think a fuse , if so which one or perhaps the boot lock solenoid?

Thanks and please help

Terry

I cannot help with the fuse side of things but the motor which pops the boot is well known for packing up, no doubt someone will be along soon to give you full advise but what I did (and it worked) is whip the boot lining off to expose the mechanics and get handy with the WD40 as water got into mine and corroded it but a bit of WD40 gave it the kiss of life!

As you can hear it trying to work - Maybe try locking and unlocking the boot with your key a few times too encase your internals have seized but if it is that strip it down and WD40 it up anyway.

Thanks for the replys,I have just gone outside, re synced the keys and it all works again, so I guess the key is losing sycronation some how? I hope the car hasn't got electrical gremlins!
Cheers
Terry