Creaking noise

dj0nes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Could anyone shed any light on this for me?

Audi A4 creaking noise - YouTube

This video isn't mine but the sound is exactly the same! Whenever I engage the clutch or accelerate or drive over bumps I hear this sound.

I have done a search and found loads of creaking related problems but none which sound like mine.

Hi, welcome to ASN. Have a look in the threads at the top of the page see if there is any info in there. One of the guys will be along shortly. Enjoy the forum. :)

hi i have the same sound on mine no where near as bad as the video mind but still the same. i think its coming from the stearing rack but its hard as hell to pin point if it is 100% ;-(

Guys, check out this site, it may have some info. ) Just put in your car model, A4 b5/b6/b7 etc. hope you find something. :)

AudiDIY.com Audi B5 A4 DIY Articles

Thanks for the link Sandra, didn't have anything on my issue but bookmarked as it is very useful :)
I was messing around with the car earlier and I am wondering if it could be my engine mounts, how much movement should I see from the engine with the bonnet up and revving the engine.
I can also slightly rock the engine by my hand, I know there has got to be some movement or it will just snap over bumps but should I be able to move it with my hand - I'm certainly no Arnie!

@Simon

I have the car booked in for next Saturday, subscribe to this thread mate- I'll report back with the damage.

cool beans mate id kill my self if it gets any where near the one on the video lol