spent the morning carbonizing lol makes a big difference

wallace78

Reaction score
IMAG0837.jpg
IMAG0838.jpg
IMAG0839.jpg
IMAG0840.jpg
IMAG0841.jpg

Got alarge sheet of fibre carbon sticker and tidied up the inside and out of the car,wats yas think

IMAG0842.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
soz forgot the pic of the handbrake lol

IMAG0840.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well looks ok
you really need to trim the ashtray and cig lighter
so you can see the silver parts and cupholder etc
craft knife will give you a very clean cut

good effort dude freshens it up a loads.

like bez said a lil more work with the knife for a better detailed finish, but be careful with using a craft knives if it has a flat blade in it, as it will usually cause drag and could tear when you come to remove the off cut.

Looks better im sure. Is that the 3M textured stuff ?

Where did you buy it from ?

You've gone made with the stuff!! lol

As Paul says, I like the trims, but I'd have left the rest alone I think, maybe with the exception of the ashtray/gearstick surround.

good effort dude freshens it up a loads.

like bez said a lil more work with the knife for a better detailed finish, but be careful with using a craft knives if it has a flat blade in it, as it will usually cause drag and could tear when you come to remove the off cut.

damo. pay attention as i will be comparing your efforts on my car to this mate in a few weeks! :icon_thumright:

the crome parts pop off you no there only pushed on why didnt you remove them before you fitted carbon

i like it on the out side part/piller part mine is a bit tatty now may have to do the same ;-)

cheers for ur comments lads,iv cut out the silver trim as suggested does look far better i had 2 cover the handbrake as it was really tatty the bottons on the climate control r completly worn but i think ill just cover them in black marker i got 1300mm by 600 mm outa flea bay,yeah it is the 3m stuff m8,u wanna c the whack iv got left lol, was bored and even done my keys:banghead:

Good stuff dude, Thought about doing the dash/ door trims that would tie it all in ??

i done that 2 the bmw i had it looked well goina order a bit more then ill do the trims m8

[QUOTE was bored and even done my keys

lol your going to be one to watch a mate your days of boredom will be filled with doing the car up

lol funny u should say that i done a good clean of my engine bay,next on the list is doin my calipars red lol

the pillars were a bit scratched it tidys it up nicely:icon_thumright:

cheers for ur comments lads,iv cut out the silver trim as suggested does look far better i had 2 cover the handbrake as it was really tatty the bottons on the climate control r completly worn but i think ill just cover them in black marker i got 1300mm by 600 mm outa flea bay,yeah it is the 3m stuff m8,u wanna c the whack iv got left lol, was bored and even done my keys:banghead:

My climate control plus some other sections plastics were awful too. I tried marker pen but it was too shiney, the coating is almost rubberised so I looked into plastic type paint and ended up with acrylic paint that people use on airfix models etc, it's not 100% but it's pretty damn close I recommend giving it a try.

Well done on the vinyl wrapping, looks ace! :hubbahubba:

Been thinking of doing this myself. Looks good, detail on the silver trim would be better. Is there a guide to wrapping?

cheers 4nt think ill pick sum of that paint up m8,bowen its easy enough a hairdrier n craft knife and a plastic card 2 smooth it out iv now trimed round my silver trim and it does look far better m8

I like the B pillar wrap, did you do it in situ or did you remove them to wrap?

How does it come off?

theres 1 screw at the bottom
then it pulls up and off
2 min job

Ah right, thanks.

I take it, the cover that is covering the screw just pulls off too?

When i did mine i did the inlays, gear surround & ashtray.... took the chrome trims out of the ashtray, filled the indentation and then refitted them over the wrap .... my trim was in that bright aluminum finish but it was scratched and damaged so the carbon really brought it up to date and is a massive improvment.... the wife thinks it's factory parts lol

P1010391.jpg

Does the chrome ashtray trims just pop off or is it a Dremel job?

Fancy doing mine at some point so just wanted to be sure on everything before I wreck anything before I even started. :icon_thumright: