Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1.9Tdi Remap?

Neutral

Status

1.9Tdi Remap?

Whos had their 1.9Tdi remapped?

..mines the 1.9Tdi Sport...

Is it worth it? What gains do you see? Does it improve economy?

also as they are already torque'y - how does a remap play its part with this?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    had mine done at awesome, it's now got a custom map as the generic was a little fierce for the mrs driving it... the custom map is so much better and smoother and yep feul economy much better indeed..... and is it worth it ???? my a4 as a 130 was like driving a boring canal boat lol now its a mad speed boat thats how much difference its made
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

2nd Gear

Status
    So what's your car pushing out with the custom map Mark?

5th Gear

Status
    nearly 169 @ 276lbft torque drives so much better would advise custom all the way now
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    Do u have dyno proof for that power?

B6 1,9TDI AVF SPORT QUATTRO AVANT

Mods:RNS-e sat nav,Bluetooth,Rear camera,Full led interior/exterior,Cobra PCD,S4 B5 front brakes,S line body kit+S4 door blades,S line gear knob,RS4 B7 handbrake,RS6 wheels,EGR deleted,cruise control,custom leather & alcantara seats,tinted windows,A4 B7 arms & wiper blades,BV43 turbo,FMIC,custom remap(around 200hp and 368lb/ft tourque)

5th Gear

Status
    yes but no !!! like a nob i left it on there counter, must try and get a copy sent over... sorry type error 266 lbft
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

5th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=marktdisport;1532021]yes but no !!! like a nob i left it on there counter, must try and get a copy sent over... sorry type error 266 lbft[/QUOTE

forgot to add this was also a brand new turbo a month old
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

Neutral

Status
    marktdisport

Sounds great. I must admit the guys at Awesome are...well awesome.. i popped over to them to have a Miltek excaust system installed on my 1.8T Golf MK4....some years ago

So to clarify your on 170bhp - sounds a nice gain to me...

How much did Awesome charge for the remap?

5th Gear

Status
    HI cant actually say because i had a deal from a generic map.... But it seem's to be around £300-350 but worth every penny imo
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

Neutral

Status
    I seem to have a perfectly healthy engine & turbo so a custom re-map at 122k should be safe enough do you think?
    54' 1.9tdi A4 Avant quattro sport - pretty much fully loaded

5th Gear

Status
    yeah mine touching 133000 now and still sweet as
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

Neutral

Status
    Hi,

I am also thinking of getting my Audi A3 1.9tdi (2008, 39k mileage) remapped from Awesome Gti, which is throwing out 1.05bhp Audi standard.

I can state with experience that 1.9tdi pd engines truly are bullet proof and very efficent after owning VW Passat 1.9tdi (2000, 56k mileage)

I do admit the diesel sound is more i.e. tractor like noise, but noisekiller in Oldham can do sound-proofing around the engine,bay and surroundings, just speak to Grant.

Happy days!!!

4th Gear

Status
    We've just done a 105 PD T5 van - you wouldn't think it would be worth it but I was really surprised how well it pulled!

RIck
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

BahnStormer

Status
    careful with the 105bhp engines: they come with a lower spec clutch... I've seen one mapped to >150bhp, but they couldn't even do a dyno run without burning the clutch...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

BahnStormer

Status
    for the 130TDI, 150bhp shoudl be fine, lots of people seem to get 170-175bhp, but you will be stressing the clutch a bit.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by inti View Post
    Hi,

I am also thinking of getting my Audi A3 1.9tdi (2008, 39k mileage) remapped from Awesome Gti, which is throwing out 1.05bhp Audi standard.

I can state with experience that 1.9tdi pd engines truly are bullet proof and very efficent after owning VW Passat 1.9tdi (2000, 56k mileage)

I do admit the diesel sound is more i.e. tractor like noise, but noisekiller in Oldham can do sound-proofing around the engine,bay and surroundings, just speak to Grant.

Happy days!!!
    By how much does the sound proofing reduce the noise?

1st Gear

Status
    Hi all
    i got mine done 6 months now and love it
    before my turbo span at 2 k rpm
    to 3 k rpm and levelled off
    now 1.5 k rpm all the way to red line
    so much better to drive
    i payed 195
    i g100 cash and 95 on card , but there only charged
    me 95.pence
    so I got it remaped for 100,95 p
    sweet
    Quattro Jam B12 suspension kit ,Custom Droplinks F/B , HID 6000, 18" RS4 Alloys, summer AMG's .
    RS6 for Show's .Cat gone for walkees, sports six padded clutch DMF
    Remapped 173BHP///278lbft, RS4 F/R ARB's , happy with that ........

Neutral

Status
    Where did you get yours done? I am in S Wales too and looking for someone local.

BahnStormer

Status
    Willf - how far are you from Bromsgrove... there were lots of guys driving from London out there and S Wales is closer... Chip'N'Spin guys seemed very reasonable (and they sponsor this site!).

I've seen 150bhp out of "100bhp" 1.9TDI's... but as stated before - the clutch is the weak point, so be prepared to upgrade that too!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

1st Gear

Status
    how long does it take for a remap mark ? obviously you know im in sheffield so id have to drive down to awsome ! would i have to leave it there or can it be done while i wait ?

6th Gear

Status
    A generic map would not take long but a custom one would be a few hours until they tune it right.
    Mike

B6 A4 1.9 TDI Sport 130 - GMBH/S-Line kit - Akoya Silver
    - BUILD THREAD >>

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaky Lloyd View Post
    how long does it take for a remap mark ? obviously you know im in sheffield so id have to drive down to awsome ! would i have to leave it there or can it be done while i wait ?
    I'll let Mark answer for himself, if he's doing the work, but most places will take 5-10mins to plug in and take the chip data down, then RR run (5mins?) another 5mins to upload the new data, RR run (5mins) and then depending on if that came back as running fine, you're probably set to go: depending on quite how "customised" the remap is... if you already have a heavily customised car, then it may need multiple RR runs and re-flashes to try out different combinations, but most places will call it a "custom" remap, but in reality, it's just a remap that specific for your type of car with "custom" tweaks depending on what other alterations you have: if car is standard use this "custom map", if has induction kit, use this "custom map", if it's de-catted + induction, use this standard map....

A proper "customised" re-map can take a few hours as you need to re-run the RR several times, check data (power output, exhaust emissions - to see how rich it's running) and then reflash and re-run... but most are done in 45mins to an hour, including before and after RR runs to check that the changes have had the desired effect and no ill-effects...

I'd always insist on before and after RR runs: I've seen some tuners refuse to map a car based on fueling/turbo issues that would render the remap useless... likewise, I've had a large amount of engine work done (and remap) where the tuners neglected to RR the car (despite saying that they would) and the FPR couldn't deliver enough fuel at high revs, so over a grand was completely wasted due to lack of fuel - which was picked up as SOON as I took it to another garage that bothered to RR it properly: "mate, she's running sweet, but VERY lean at the top end"... and I got another 20+ bhp out of a quick FPR replacement!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

Neutral

Status
    Hi there I also have a 130 bhp 1.9 tdi which I had remapped at gti show by shark performance it's now 171 bhp and you can really tell the difference it's really smooth but goes like stink I'm so impressed with it and would recommend shark to anyone.my car is on 134k and runs sweet as a nut with the map

5th Gear

Status
    i waited for mine m8 in and out within 1-2hrs.....
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pink.teg View Post
    Hi all
    i got mine done 6 months now and love it
    before my turbo span at 2 k rpm
    to 3 k rpm and levelled off
    now 1.5 k rpm all the way to red line
    so much better to drive
    i payed 195
    i g100 cash and 95 on card , but there only charged
    me 95.pence
    so I got it remaped for 100,95 p
    sweet
    who mapped yours?
    Audi A4 B7 SE S line TFSI Quattro.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaramage1982 View Post
    Hi there I also have a 130 bhp 1.9 tdi which I had remapped at gti show by shark performance it's now 171 bhp and you can really tell the difference it's really smooth but goes like stink I'm so impressed with it and would recommend shark to anyone.my car is on 134k and runs sweet as a nut with the map
    I too had mine mapped at GTi International by Shark Performance (1.9TDi 130PD) for £179 & i'm well happy with the results, turbo kicks in earlier and pulls smoothly further up the revs than before

Mines on 144k, no probs

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone else had theirs done by Awesome, they have their deal on for £150 all in at the moment. Very tempted.
    White A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Hi

yeer i wouldn't like to say now ..coz they may chases me up for some dosh ...

but all maps are great for the PD engines mine on 117,000 k and after my new clutch and solid flywheel it blows.....

have fun ...
    Quattro Jam B12 suspension kit ,Custom Droplinks F/B , HID 6000, 18" RS4 Alloys, summer AMG's .
    RS6 for Show's .Cat gone for walkees, sports six padded clutch DMF
    Remapped 173BHP///278lbft, RS4 F/R ARB's , happy with that ........

Reverse Gear

Status
    More-bhp in Crewe is the place to get a map!

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi you may of seen my post yesterday about my blacksmoke map which I am very happy with and cant stress how good it is for the money. I was told by blacksmoke that my car was allready mapped which I never knew but he said it was done really naff and my fuel consumption must be terrible which I always thought. Once I recieved the new file and uploaded it the difference was noticeable syraight away even though they stated power increase would only be about 15bhp over the shoddy map but its so much smoother and pulls right to the redline I cant wait the see my mpg difference either.

Neutral

Status
    any recommendations on a customer mapper? I had my 105 remapped at awesome, but the turbo gave up after a while, i have a hybrid on there now and need to have a custom map put in to get the best out of it.
    Cars a 1.9TDI 8P

1st Gear

Status
    My Quattro Sport is mapped with the REVO Stage 1, and was done by Northampton Motorsport. Cost me £360 inc VAT. Having had my 1.9GT TDi PD 130 Mk4 Golf mapped with the same map previously, I think I had the A4 mapped 3 days after I had bought it. My old Golf was on 140k, and the guy I work with who bought it from me can't get over how quick it is or how reliable. In Audi form the extra weight does slow it down, and with 4wd the transmission lag is noticable, however compared to the stock 130 bhp it is smooth, has tons of grunt, and has my other half scrabbling for the grab handle as I pull onto dual carriageways and the like. As said by other guys the power delivery goes all the way from 1700 RPM up to the redline before running out of steam, and is a pleasure to drive. Great for safe overtaking (my commute is country roads and dual carriageways). Oh and apart from the new turbo my car needed (she is on 201k now so unlikely a result of the map, more of age) I have noticed no real change in the MPG for the extra grunt I now have. Sky Insurance insured me on the mapped car for a very good price too! I can't comment on the other brands of map but they are a recommended and welcome addition to a very good car, in my opinion.
    DieselJake likes this.
    Audi B6 '04 A4 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport Avant

GmbH sport kit, rear parking sensors, centre armrest, cooler glove box, Symphony II (6 disc changer) with Dension Gateway BT Lite, 6k HID kit in new DEPO replacement front headlight clusters, LED rear-number-plate replacement lights,

REVO Stage 1 remap to 170bhp/280lbft, full Meyle HD front kit, new OEM dampers and top-mounts all round, S4 B6 brakes and braided lines front and rear, A5 Speedline 18" 8.5j ET29 alloys in Anthracite for summer.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi..had mine done by AMD few weeks ago..its a 1.9 130....now producing 180 and 300 lb ft..goes lovely with broader spread of power and torque across rev range.Interestingly though before it was mapped the read out said it was producing 149 bhp...the guys said thats not unsual ?..dont know if anyone else thinks thats right? Anyway really glad i did it

1st Gear

Status
    Mines a 1.9 130, I put the DTUK box on it at 122k and it's now on 138k. RR at 178bhp, graph is on here somewhere. Drives like a dream and clutch is fine

1st Gear

Status
    I've become a fan of remaps, backed up and put on one from BlackSmoke and it's taken the car up to 170bhp with a nice increase in torque.
    It took a while to settle in as I was only doing short journeys, I noticed the difference the most once the car had warmed up and had done miles miles of mixed driving.
    I picked this company due to lots of good reviews, excellent price and being a generic map it wasn't too aggressive and therefore should destroy my clutch too quickly.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MooLard View Post
    I've become a fan of remaps, backed up and put on one from BlackSmoke and it's taken the car up to 170bhp with a nice increase in torque.
    It took a while to settle in as I was only doing short journeys, I noticed the difference the most once the car had warmed up and had done miles miles of mixed driving.
    I picked this company due to lots of good reviews, excellent price and being a generic map it wasn't too aggressive and therefore should destroy my clutch too quickly.
    I can also vouch for the Blacksmoke remap. Nice progressive map and very good value for money.

Neutral

Status
    Whats the deal with MPPS leads? do blacksmoke send them out to you or is it a separate purchase?
    Does anyone have any input on how a generic map would work with a hybrid turbo...
    I have installed a GT1749VC turbo with 170pd internals. Apparently it can handle at the gate 200-215bhp. I wont be pushing up anywhere near that as the rest of the engine would suffer.
    Looking to get about 170bhp with nice smooth power delivery. Anyone ran this style of turbo with a blacksmoke map or generic map?

2nd Gear

Status
    Send black smoke an email stating what turbo you have fitted and he will advise you what he can do .

5th Gear

Status
    You usually have to tweak the N75 map to get the best out of a hybrid. A standard 1749 is very responsive compared to some of the hybrids so they can be a bit laggy at the bottom end.

Karl.
    Karls 312bhp A4 3.0 TDI build thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4...ld-thread.html

Neutral

Status
    will do dale.

I have heard that they can be a bit laggy karl, but you can just adjust the stop screw to get a earlier wind up. I'll have a word with black smoke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast