Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

S4 Side view mirrors **Edit""

So the Silver/Chrome mirrors - as an upgrade what route do most people take to get that look?

Is it the covers? that are on eBay in abundance or is it the proper OEM mirrors bought from the stealers?
    Last edited by docurley; 22nd March 2012 at 14:42.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I think most go with the covers but genuine ones are quite expensive. A lot took them off as they were being knicked and damage was being done
    02 A4 B6 1.9tdi Avant sport 130bhp, 18" RS4's, Cruise control, Armrest, Ambiant lights, LED number plate bulbs,Pressed number plates, rear RS4 ARB, blacked out grills.
    Wanted : S line front and rear bumpers , S4 lower grill, s4 door blades

Neutral

Status
    i have 2 requests;

1 . anyone know the price for the originals to buy from Audi dealership
    2. anyone know of any decent covers to buy from eBay or any other online store - but im talking decent good quality ones - something that is like for like - or almost as good as..

cheers

3rd Gear

Status
    I bought the chrome S4 replica covers for mine they just stick on over the original mirrors, look good and for £30 makes a big difference, i got mine off ebay
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I bought a spare set, in red.... and resprayed them. Avus Silver the same as the wheels. It worked very well, I would never buy expensive ones as they get stolen too often.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Agree with James .... OEM your talking £400 even second hand they are mad money look what these went for today eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace there are 2 other options apart from paint ... stick on covers cheap and pants in my opinion Audi A4 B6 S4 01-05 Chrome Wing Mirror Covers | eBay and then these which are a replacement housing in either chrome or a matt silver which is a bit more expensive Audi A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 Chrome Mirror Housings Caps Covers | eBay
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

3rd Gear

Status
    Not the best pic will see if i have better but these are the 'cheap' stuck on ones from ebay

A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

5th Gear

Status
    can you post some more pics Pabs ?? closeups from both sides ??? to be honest black is probably going to do them more justice and make them less likely to look like what they are
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post

Pabs - Well i must admit - for these to be the cheap eBay covers - they look the part - well from the photo anyway - the look great.

Quote Originally Posted by 666markyboy View Post

OEM your talking £400 even second hand they are mad money look what these went for today eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace there are 2 other options apart from paint ... stick on covers cheap and pants in my opinion Audi A4 B6 S4 01-05 Chrome Wing Mirror Covers | eBay and then these which are a replacement housing in either chrome or a matt silver which is a bit more expensive Audi A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 Chrome Mirror Housings Caps Covers | eBay
    666markyboy - Well i saw the original OEM ones on eBay - they went for £280 wow... i think i will forget about buying OEM!!

Regards to the last link - (Audi A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 Chrome Mirror Housings Caps Covers | eBay) - from the pictures they do look good...and at that price if the quality is good - then thats all fine by me - BUT, regards the eBay seller - goingfast - i have read on here by someone - on another thread (cant remember who or when its from - might be a historical search when i saw it) - that the quality of his S4 mirror covers (those very ones) is very bad - and apparently the paint/finish started to bubble - once exposed to the elements

Regards to the cheap stick on version - Audi A4 B6 S4 01-05 Chrome Wing Mirror Covers | eBay - well if this is what Pabs has used - then i may well favour this option - cant argue at that price..

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers guy's here is the link for the one i used they were a bit more expensive than the last link but alot cheaper than the first. I will say that mine have been exposed to the wind rain and snow for 2.5 yrs now and so not looking there best, i didn't put any wax protector or sealant when i bought them or over winter but will do when i buy my next set, im not sure whether to go for the same again or the really cheap ones in the last link above.

Audi A4 B7 CHROME MIRROR COVERS | eBay

Neutral

Status
    So these covers or casings- are they just stick on? Ready adhesived - or do you put some sort of glue on?

cheers guys

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    Cheers guy's here is the link for the one i used they were a bit more expensive than the last link but alot cheaper than the first. I will say that mine have been exposed to the wind rain and snow for 2.5 yrs now and so not looking there best, i didn't put any wax protector or sealant when i bought them or over winter but will do when i buy my next set, im not sure whether to go for the same again or the really cheap ones in the last link above.

Audi A4 B7 CHROME MIRROR COVERS | eBay
    Yes i wonder what the difference in quality is beweeen the £14.79 version and the £29.85 version (the ones Pabs has)

Hard to tell from just the pictures - although they look almost identical.

I think il probably go with the £14.79 ones - see how we get on...wont be the end of the world at that price even if they lasted upto a year before looking in bad condition.

5th Gear

Status
    The thread title is a bit misleading - RS4 mirrors are a completely different shape, don't fold (not even manually) and are matt aluminium look not shiny aluminium.

The posts above are discussing S4 mirrors, not RS4 mirrors.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

3rd Gear

Status
    The chrome mirror covers come with adhesive already in them, just peel it off, line it up and stick them on, does hold them on really well.

Status
    This is the RS4 mirrors,

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Ive been building a set and just need the drivers side door mounting plate to complete the set.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

Neutral

Status
    I must admit the thread title is misleading

i was actually reffering to the S4 mirrors/covers

my bad!!