S4 Side view mirrors **Edit""

Black_B6

Reaction score
So the Silver/Chrome mirrors - as an upgrade what route do most people take to get that look?

Is it the covers? that are on eBay in abundance or is it the proper OEM mirrors bought from the stealers?

Last edited by a moderator:
i have 2 requests;

1 . anyone know the price for the originals to buy from Audi dealership
2. anyone know of any decent covers to buy from eBay or any other online store - but im talking decent good quality ones - something that is like for like - or almost as good as..

cheers

I bought the chrome S4 replica covers for mine they just stick on over the original mirrors, look good and for £30 makes a big difference, i got mine off ebay

I bought a spare set, in red.... and resprayed them. Avus Silver the same as the wheels. It worked very well, I would never buy expensive ones as they get stolen too often.

Not the best pic will see if i have better but these are the 'cheap' stuck on ones from ebay

aitp4.jpg

can you post some more pics Pabs ?? closeups from both sides ??? to be honest black is probably going to do them more justice and make them less likely to look like what they are

Pabs - Well i must admit - for these to be the cheap eBay covers - they look the part - well from the photo anyway - the look great.

OEM your talking £400 even second hand they are mad money look what these went for today eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace there are 2 other options apart from paint ... stick on covers cheap and pants in my opinion Audi A4 B6 S4 01-05 Chrome Wing Mirror Covers | eBay and then these which are a replacement housing in either chrome or a matt silver which is a bit more expensive Audi A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 Chrome Mirror Housings Caps Covers | eBay

666markyboy - Well i saw the original OEM ones on eBay - they went for £280 wow... i think i will forget about buying OEM!!

Regards to the last link - (Audi A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 Chrome Mirror Housings Caps Covers | eBay) - from the pictures they do look good...and at that price if the quality is good - then thats all fine by me - BUT, regards the eBay seller - goingfast - i have read on here by someone - on another thread (cant remember who or when its from - might be a historical search when i saw it) - that the quality of his S4 mirror covers (those very ones) is very bad - and apparently the paint/finish started to bubble - once exposed to the elements

Regards to the cheap stick on version - Audi A4 B6 S4 01-05 Chrome Wing Mirror Covers | eBay - well if this is what Pabs has used - then i may well favour this option - cant argue at that price..

Cheers guy's here is the link for the one i used they were a bit more expensive than the last link but alot cheaper than the first. I will say that mine have been exposed to the wind rain and snow for 2.5 yrs now and so not looking there best, i didn't put any wax protector or sealant when i bought them or over winter but will do when i buy my next set, im not sure whether to go for the same again or the really cheap ones in the last link above.

Audi A4 B7 CHROME MIRROR COVERS | eBay

So these covers or casings- are they just stick on? Ready adhesived - or do you put some sort of glue on?

cheers guys

Cheers guy's here is the link for the one i used they were a bit more expensive than the last link but alot cheaper than the first. I will say that mine have been exposed to the wind rain and snow for 2.5 yrs now and so not looking there best, i didn't put any wax protector or sealant when i bought them or over winter but will do when i buy my next set, im not sure whether to go for the same again or the really cheap ones in the last link above.

Audi A4 B7 CHROME MIRROR COVERS | eBay

Yes i wonder what the difference in quality is beweeen the £14.79 version and the £29.85 version (the ones Pabs has)

Hard to tell from just the pictures - although they look almost identical.

I think il probably go with the £14.79 ones - see how we get on...wont be the end of the world at that price even if they lasted upto a year before looking in bad condition.

The thread title is a bit misleading - RS4 mirrors are a completely different shape, don't fold (not even manually) and are matt aluminium look not shiny aluminium.

The posts above are discussing S4 mirrors, not RS4 mirrors.

The chrome mirror covers come with adhesive already in them, just peel it off, line it up and stick them on, does hold them on really well.

I must admit the thread title is misleading

i was actually reffering to the S4 mirrors/covers

my bad!!