S4 - B6 v B7

V8Guzzler

Reaction score
So the time is coming to change soon and I am thinking of the S4 Avant. Most of you will know I have a B6 Saloon currently and love it. Am I right in thinking the differences are just cosmetic? Same engine, gearbox, exhaust??

A downside of the B7 over the B6 is that removing the headlamps means removing the bumper, so bulb changes become more of a problem - unless you have very small hands - and indiciator bulb changes require the wheel arch liner to be removed.

That's the kind of info I am after.. Just living with them.. Looks wise I personally think the B6 Avant is one of the best looking estate cars on the road even today. Just wanted to know if the B7 feels any different and has any other downsides over the B6

I like the subtlety of the B6 S4, but equally I like it being instantly recognisable. I find the B7 S4 a bit 'too' subtle with the grille, wheels and tailpipes being the only external differences I'm aware of.

The B7's have a 30:70 front/rear bias centre diff where as the B6's are 40:60

you thinking of getting a Nogaro B6 avant? :ninja:

I know what you mean. Makes me smile everytime without fail. Just wish I had bought an Avant in the first place. Depending on how things pan out business wise may even look at RS4 :-D