A little Audio help for OEM Sub and Amp wiring

4NT

Terminal Douche Bag!
Reaction score
I originally posted in the I.C.E section but got no response.

My factory sub and amp in my 02 B6 Avant Sport suck ***, as I'm sure everyone who has one is aware...

A few weeks back I remember reading a thread detailing what wire is what on the loom that enters the amp, but for the life of me I can't find it!

I've built an enclosure to go into the spare wheel well and a custom floor that will allow air flow. All I'm missing now is the cabling to tap from the Blue loom that goes into the Amp as in the picture below (Blue plug) I'm wanting to leave this powering the rear speakers and take from it the remote feed to trigger my amp and the pre out for the sub to run straight into the amp as it's already back there and it's factory I quite fancy using this.

Can anyone Identify these cables for me???

Thanks in advance, Ant.

6930906779_cf18cdf8ea_b.jpg

Thanks very much you guys for sharing these. Should do the trick.

TA!

Just tried following the 23 pin diagram above and got the remote wire shown as 9 which was great, but, when I tried to tap into 1 and 3 they don't have a positive + or negative - they're just a single cable, I'd made and prepped phono/RCA's to go into the amp but just couldn't figure out how to do it, for now I'm using the high level input taken from the wire that leaves the amp for the sub as it was close by, sounds ok but would pefer to tap into line level from 17 through 21 but I just couldn't locate them all. HELP???

I am glad of the help I just need a little more to get this little project finished. cheers.

Just tried following the 23 pin diagram above and got the remote wire shown as 9 which was great, but, when I tried to tap into 1 and 3 they don't have a positive + or negative - they're just a single cable, I'd made and prepped phono/RCA's to go into the amp but just couldn't figure out how to do it, for now I'm using the high level input taken from the wire that leaves the amp for the sub as it was close by, sounds ok but would pefer to tap into line level from 17 through 21 but I just couldn't locate them all. HELP???

I am glad of the help I just need a little more to get this little project finished. cheers.

This amp is for left and right rear speakers only. So for right rear pre-amp out use Pin 1 as positive signal feed and negative is Pin 2. For left rear pre-amp out use Pin 3 as positive signal feed and negative is Pin 2. The L and R signals have a shared negative.

As you indicate, use Pin 9 to switch on your amp.

As said pin 2 is common screen - the screen on the RCA cable, pins 1 & 3 are the left & right signal

Woorlord and AndyMac thanks very much for this info, I know a little but not a lot, I just wouldn't have known it was possible to share a negative, maybe you do learn something every day.

So if the amp only powers the rear speakers does the 'tuppa ware' sub have it's own internal amp? I'm currently tapped into the loom that goes into the sub that I assumed was a speaker cable (not line level) and thus putting that into my amp at high level input if you catch my drift...

Thanks in advance guys.

Woorlord and AndyMac thanks very much for this info, I know a little but not a lot, I just wouldn't have known it was possible to share a negative, maybe you do learn something every day.

So if the amp only powers the rear speakers does the 'tuppa ware' sub have it's own internal amp? I'm currently tapped into the loom that goes into the sub that I assumed was a speaker cable (not line level) and thus putting that into my amp at high level input if you catch my drift...

Thanks in advance guys.

And where is the sub?
Yes - in the rear!
The amp powers all three speakers in the rear.

Your new sub amp should be fed with the full spectrum of pre-amp signals and filter the lower frequncies via a crossover network Your new amp should have an adjustment for crossover frequency. The crossover frequency is where the sub will operate and boom boom boom be-boom.

Cheers Woorlord. I'm going to set some time aside on the bank hol and tap into 1,3 and the common negative 2 to put a clean line level into the amp, yep, it does have an internal cross over and low / high pass etc so will see how it goes. It's not so much Boom boom more additional pep up on the seemingly farting plastic box supplied by Audi.

Handy to have all the cables at the back end ready though.

Thanks again. :icon_thumright:

Hello guys.
I'm new to the forum and I need some tips and ideas.
I have a Seat Toledo 1M2 and I would like to improve the sound a bit. I'm very pleased with what's going on, but I need some bass, separate.
I'm interested in the subwoofer on the A3 8L. I opt for it because it is OEM equipment and it is mounted sideways.

The existing HU drive on the car is the Pioneer MVH-190UB.
I need the power scheme of the amplifier to fit it.
But first of all I want to know if it's worth it.

Sorry for my bad English.

Thank you very much.