EM TuningSky Insurance
    4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status

Question A little Audio help for OEM Sub and Amp wiring

I originally posted in the I.C.E section but got no response.

My factory sub and amp in my 02 B6 Avant Sport suck ass, as I'm sure everyone who has one is aware...

A few weeks back I remember reading a thread detailing what wire is what on the loom that enters the amp, but for the life of me I can't find it!

I've built an enclosure to go into the spare wheel well and a custom floor that will allow air flow. All I'm missing now is the cabling to tap from the Blue loom that goes into the Amp as in the picture below (Blue plug) I'm wanting to leave this powering the rear speakers and take from it the remote feed to trigger my amp and the pre out for the sub to run straight into the amp as it's already back there and it's factory I quite fancy using this.

Can anyone Identify these cables for me???

Thanks in advance, Ant.

A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

2. # ADS
    ADS

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    2002 Head unit and amplifier circuits:

2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

Status

Status
    And another useful link ref Headunit connections for Chorus II / Symphony II / RNS-E.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Thanks very much you guys for sharing these. Should do the trick.

TA!
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sgibson808 View Post
    Just tried following the 23 pin diagram above and got the remote wire shown as 9 which was great, but, when I tried to tap into 1 and 3 they don't have a positive + or negative - they're just a single cable, I'd made and prepped phono/RCA's to go into the amp but just couldn't figure out how to do it, for now I'm using the high level input taken from the wire that leaves the amp for the sub as it was close by, sounds ok but would pefer to tap into line level from 17 through 21 but I just couldn't locate them all. HELP???

I am glad of the help I just need a little more to get this little project finished. cheers.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 4NT View Post
    Just tried following the 23 pin diagram above and got the remote wire shown as 9 which was great, but, when I tried to tap into 1 and 3 they don't have a positive + or negative - they're just a single cable, I'd made and prepped phono/RCA's to go into the amp but just couldn't figure out how to do it, for now I'm using the high level input taken from the wire that leaves the amp for the sub as it was close by, sounds ok but would pefer to tap into line level from 17 through 21 but I just couldn't locate them all. HELP???

I am glad of the help I just need a little more to get this little project finished. cheers.
    This amp is for left and right rear speakers only. So for right rear pre-amp out use Pin 1 as positive signal feed and negative is Pin 2. For left rear pre-amp out use Pin 3 as positive signal feed and negative is Pin 2. The L and R signals have a shared negative.

As you indicate, use Pin 9 to switch on your amp.

Status
    As said pin 2 is common screen - the screen on the RCA cable, pins 1 & 3 are the left & right signal
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Woorlord and AndyMac thanks very much for this info, I know a little but not a lot, I just wouldn't have known it was possible to share a negative, maybe you do learn something every day.

So if the amp only powers the rear speakers does the 'tuppa ware' sub have it's own internal amp? I'm currently tapped into the loom that goes into the sub that I assumed was a speaker cable (not line level) and thus putting that into my amp at high level input if you catch my drift...

Thanks in advance guys.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 4NT View Post
    Woorlord and AndyMac thanks very much for this info, I know a little but not a lot, I just wouldn't have known it was possible to share a negative, maybe you do learn something every day.

So if the amp only powers the rear speakers does the 'tuppa ware' sub have it's own internal amp? I'm currently tapped into the loom that goes into the sub that I assumed was a speaker cable (not line level) and thus putting that into my amp at high level input if you catch my drift...

Thanks in advance guys.
    And where is the sub?
    Yes - in the rear!
    The amp powers all three speakers in the rear.

Your new sub amp should be fed with the full spectrum of pre-amp signals and filter the lower frequncies via a crossover network Your new amp should have an adjustment for crossover frequency. The crossover frequency is where the sub will operate and boom boom boom be-boom.

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Cheers Woorlord. I'm going to set some time aside on the bank hol and tap into 1,3 and the common negative 2 to put a clean line level into the amp, yep, it does have an internal cross over and low / high pass etc so will see how it goes. It's not so much Boom boom more additional pep up on the seemingly farting plastic box supplied by Audi.

Handy to have all the cables at the back end ready though.

Thanks again.