trying to bleed the water system on my 2.4 v6 petrol

scanny1

Reaction score
i have just changed my cambelt and thermostat on my a4 2.4 v6 convertible but cant bleed the water as its blowing cold air instead of warm air any ideas thanks

find the two pipes going thru the baukhead next to the battery. look at them. you'll notice one hose has a little hole in it. you need to clamp and move the spring pipe clip back. pull the hose back (the rubber pipe can get quite a grip on the metal pipe, try not to deform the metal pipe pulling it off) (not completely off) to the point where the air escapes out of the little hole. when its cold overfill the reservoir slightly then put the cap back on start it up and wait for coolant to trickle out of the hole.

ok so the hose has a small hole in it just pull the hose back till the air can escape out of it .any idea which one it is as i cant really tell thanks looking at them

you'll see it in the day light. if its got a cover over the plenum chamber (the bit the battery and servo/master cylinder sits in) take it off and you'll see the 2 pipes.

cheers done that and bled the air out both hoses to the heater are warm but still cold air blowing out .let the car run to temperture and the expansion bottle water cold to

Do you not have to raise the expansion tank like on the b5, 4 to 6 inches higher then the water should be higher than the heater matrix level, then undo the pipe with the hole in on a b5 its the left pipe looking at the bulkhead just pull it back a little until water starts to come out when the air has gone push back on the put the cap on the expansion tank then put it back into the normal position should all be ok