Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

New aftermarket led headlights for the cabriolet, thinking about pulling the trigger

Black
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/A4-B6-8H-CAB...#ht_5440wt_996

or chrome

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A4-B6-8H-CAB...#ht_5440wt_996

I am a little scared to pull the trigger without someone else of trying them first.

2. # ADS
    ADS

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Personally would not touch them with a barge poll - look a bit tacky (and not cheap) and rear build quality not great.
    Why is the levelling motor not encased in the assembly as per the OEM unit - won't last long in the elements assuming you are in the Europe/UK.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    I'm with Woorlord on this. I work on a VW T4 Van who has a very similar set on. For me if you really want LED lights get a car that comes with them, whilst that's a taste thing the problem I have found with the van that has them is the fit and quality, neither are good.

Plough your money into something else on the car maybe???

Good luck deciding.
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

1st Gear

Status
    I had the same thought about these lights, i thought the black ones looked quite cool but didnt for four reasons:

1) I saw a picture of the back of them, and they looked half finished
    2) I emailed the seller and the drl's only work on the sidelight switch.
    2) I found a review of similar ones on another car, and the reviewer said they were pants
    3) if they were any good someone on one of these forums would have them........ no one has, tells its own story

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am not looking for led, as much as I am looking for replacements for my 04 cabriolet, the lights I have are taking in water at times and they have nasty stuff on the inside and I have read about the orings to fix that leak. And I have read the threads about taking the lens apart to clean them, but If I could find and upgrade or replacement that looked a little diffferent and solved the problem with less work I would be willing to spend the $$

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    no comment !

Reverse Gear

Status
    I just don't have the patience anymore for a tedious job like heating the headlights and prying them apart with a screwdriver. And I can't see any way to clean them without seperating the lens from the housing, they are quite discolored on the inside.

Neutral

Status
    I bought a set of non-genuine halo lights for my previous car and they were awful - the projector lens was plastic so couldn't take a HID bulb and the beam pattern was worse than the reflector headlights I was replacing..

So I'd steer clear myself.
    2005 A4 Sport Cabriolet 2.5 TDI
    Previous Audis:
    1997 A6 Avant 2.5 TDI Quattro
    1994 80 Cabriolet 2.0
    1995 S6 2.2t 20v Quattro
    1998 A6 Saloon 1.8t
    1995 A6 Saloon 2.0

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Keep the standard units .
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Keep the standard units .
    As CMD or if they are too shabby and you don't want to refurb source some replacement oems through eBay. Go gen IMO
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

3rd Gear

Status
    Sorry but I think these look cheap and nasty....I like oem on my cars.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

5th Gear

Status

Need a V8 or Bi-Turbo.......

Status
    Get some genuine replacements. Get them second hand off eBay. I'm not keen on any of the aftermarket lights if I'm honest.

That said, it is YOUR car so if you want to put aftermarket lights on then go for it. Things would most certainly be boring if we were all the same.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vr6gordy View Post
    do these fit the cabriolet, do you have them? Is there a write up about them for my car? 04 cabriolet?