2.5 V6 TDi Engine Oil

AlexGSi2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just after some advice on oil for these engines.

Firstly, im taking it the 2.5 V6 TDi is a "PD" engine?

On all my cars in the past I have serviced them myself, I will be doing the same with my A4 - I change the oil and filter every 6,000 miles religiously.

When I purchased my Audi last month, the first thing I did was carry out an oil change - I used 0-30 Shell Helix Ultra Extra which complies with VW 504.00 / 507.00.

Is this oil ok to use on this engine? (in the past on the service receips 501.01 has been used)

If its ok then I will carry on using it - its just that I have heard horror stories with cams being chewed on PD engines.

Thanks!

It's not a PD engine no.

The spec is listed in the manual, I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

As above.
But I either use castrol Edge or genuine vag long life oil.

Use a 5w40 oil as the longlife oil is too thin ! Drop it every year/6k and you'll have no issues whatsoever !

Use a 5w40 oil as the longlife oil is too thin ! Drop it every year/6k and you'll have no issues whatsoever !

so would you advise against the long life 2 year service that audi offer? i was thinking the long life service was the better type? also how many Ltrs of oil does it take?