New engine ...doh!

niftyandy

Reaction score
Hi
Just after some advice...unfortunately I need a replacement engine as mine's had a seizure...It's a 2004 petrol 3.0 quattro sport cab 6-speed manual with engine code ASN....just wondering if i have to stick with the ASN engine or can I go with 'another' 3.0 petrol engine, ie a non-ASN engine, as there are petrol 3.0 variants about?

I'm going through the lovely, enlightening, process of sourcing a recon engine and I've had some eye watering quotes already. I know I have to spend big to sort it out, before I can sell it, and know that its worth about £5k -£5.5k in good working order but with 103k miles on the clock i was wondering what it would be worth as is, needing an engine rebuild or recon engine replacement?....anybody any ideas for a ball-park figure? i'm thinking about £2k - £2.5k....
Thanks for any advice (ive already thought of a viking burial at sea for it but couldnt bring myself to light it!!!)

Cheers
Andy :-(

why not look out for a crashed 3.0 audi and swop it all over to your car

as is id say around 3k
and its only worth 5000/5500 id sell as is

there was a 1.8t on ebay other week 05 plate classified add with a conrod out side the sump for 2k other week which i thought was fairly priced