Radiator Fan

rudyno9

Reaction score
I understand with the A4 that the raditor fan can sometimes come on automatically when the ignition is switched off to cool the engine down.

Just the other day, mine as started coming on and not going off, so was blowing away all day.... when I turn the ignition it goes off. Came home last night after work and the same problem, eventually flattened the battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

So just now I have pulled the fuse out for this whilst the car is parked and put it back in when am driving.

Anyone any ideas, need to take this to the dealer to get looked at?

M

I'd guess that the 12V supply to the fan is switched through a thermal switch and that this switch has failed in the closed position. So a new switch is required. I know my Golf has this arrangement - but I'm not sure if the A4 will be the same. You can follow the fan wiring on the golf and find the switch. Have a look and see if you can do the same on the A4. Alternatively it may be more complicated on the A4. Worth a look though.

Thermal switch - a switch that closes when above a certain temperature.

Thanks all...

willl need to give Audi a visit...

With regards to the timming belt is it deffinately essential to get replaced around 80k as mine is currently at 76k. Although the Garage I bought it from suggested 100k... typical garages though!!