Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

b7 rs4 steering wheel onto my b6

Hi Folks

Currently fitting full B7 RS4 interior into my B6 - stumbled across a little problem with the steering wheel, doing some research on forums found that the B7 has a dual aribag (4 wires) and the B6 isnt dual (2wires), so i chopped the plugs as they didnt fit, and joined the 4 wires to the 2, reset the light and it came back on the next day.... Would it be possible for the light to stay out if i only joined 2 wires from the wheel to my car, and forget the other 2 on the wheel, would this then cancel out the 'dual' thing? techinical eh!

Just need to sort out this airbag and get the door cards on, and its job done

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    ive read somewhere that the way its done is to connect up one stage of the two stages, which i would have thought is two of the four wires but which i dont know. hopefully someone whos a bit more clued up will help
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_A View Post
    Hi Folks

Currently fitting full B7 RS4 interior into my B6 - stumbled across a little problem with the steering wheel, doing some research on forums found that the B7 has a dual aribag (4 wires) and the B6 isnt dual (2wires), so i chopped the plugs as they didnt fit, and joined the 4 wires to the 2, reset the light and it came back on the next day.... Would it be possible for the light to stay out if i only joined 2 wires from the wheel to my car, and forget the other 2 on the wheel, would this then cancel out the 'dual' thing? techinical eh!

Just need to sort out this airbag and get the door cards on, and its job done
    Can't help with your prob fella but im jealous over your RS4 interior i've been looking for one for ages but there always Big money...........Get pics up when your done....
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

Neutral

Status
    Will do mate, unfortunately its not the big seats, but still nice figure hugging leather :D
    I wont tell you how much i paid for it!

2nd Gear

Status
    Will do mate, unfortunately its not the big seats, but still nice figure hugging leather :D
    I wont tell you how much i paid for it!
    I see, i've got full leather as standard and its very nice but i really want the the RS4 big seats but the cheapest interior set i found was £1650 and that sold well quickly.........
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

6th Gear

Status
    The other issue with the steering wheel is what do you expect the buttons on it to do?

It's very unlikely that the SCSM in your B6 will accept the coding to allow the SET, + & - buttons to be used like the DIS controls, and the Sport button will similarly be no use.

Why not fit the MFSW from an 8P S3? - that will give you the flat bottomed wheel and multi-function buttons that will work.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Neutral

Status
    i dont care if the buttons work, i just want the airbag light out!

6th Gear

Status
    i just want the airbag light out!
    Good luck with that - some people say just wire up the second stage igniter, some say wire both in parallel.

All I know is that there's a post on audiforum.us who fitted a dual stage airbag wheel to his A3 and the airbag didn't go off when he crashed. Is the appearance really worth that risk?
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5