Car loses power for split second!!

blucoop

Reaction score
After replacing my ecu box and seals and cleaning all plugs etc etc thoroughly I appear to have solved my previous issues, which were glow plug light flashing and no accellerator.

Now I have another problem in that every once in a while, when im driving the car will just suddenly lose all power but only for a split second before carrying on as normal. The best way to describe this, is if youve ever blipped the brake pedal with your left foot while accellerating with your right the car will instantly stop accellerating and hence give you a slight jolt.

This is exactly the same sort of feeling which makes me wonder if its a brake realted problem, however I have no warning lights come on when it happens and when i scanned the car with diagnostics a few weeks back nothing came up except the codes for my previous problem, and also a code for worn engine mount.

Maybe the engine mount could cause this problem, as it tends to happen mostly when turning right at a junction or on a roundabout.

I hope that all makes sense,

if any one has any ideas or suggestions they would be much appreciated

Cheers

Steve

i dought the engine mount could cause this, i had this on my car, but it only happened when i changed gear and started to accelerate. I traced it to the egr valve and cured it by blanking off the egr valve. Removing it and cleaning may help.

OK so i blanked the egr on friday, but alas the problem still occurs!!! it done it today at 80mph on the motorway and it wasnt a pleasant experience !!!

If the egr is blanked off i assume that completely rules out the chance of it being that??

Also had it on the diagnostics today and nothing came up except a fault caused by blanking the egr, and the worn engine mount code.

Anybody got any other ideas???

cheers

Steve

Just for reference, found a massive crack in the intercooler today!!! ordered a new one, hopefully that should sort it !!!

you never said what engine you have however i assume its a diesel engine. sometimes when the turbo is on its way out it simply freezes and you get the loss of power. i have heard this is quite a common fault on the vw and skoda cars however i haven't heard about it on a audi somehow.

btw. you never know how long your intercooler has been knackered which could wreck your turbo.

Sounds like something is dropping spec but still in tollerance my guess would be maf/map or egr hope helps