A4 B6 Steering Wheel/Airbag

leeroy1982

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an 2001 2.0 Audi A4 B6.

I purchased a 2002 a4 b6 2.0 mfsw from ebay, however it's not as described & is all scuffed round the edges. I've contacted the seller to ask if I can have a refund & I'll return it, but just in case things don't go my way - My question is can the airbag/multi function part of the wheel be swapped with my airbag (without the multi function controls) so I have a half decent wheel?

I'll still have to touch the buttons up as they are worn too :gun2:

Cheers!

Lee

Forgot to add, wheel is like for like other than the controls part!

All B6 airbags are single stage as far as I know, so any B6 bag should fit any B6 wheel as far as I know (sport/SE wheel/bag differences aside of course!).

The MFSW wheel will be different to a non MFSW wheel in wiring and maybe even the horn switch layout, but the airbag itself should be the same. I changed the sport steering wheel on my old A3 a couple of times, but the old airbag was always reused.

The car will tell you if it's unhappy when everything is reconnected anyway, so not much to lose?

ah so the actual wheel is different? I was hoping to remove the whole internals and put them into my wheel by just removing the two screws on the back & replacing the centre controls and airbag.

true, nothing to loose so I'll give it a go on the weekend!

Cheers!

it will need codeing via VCDS to get it to work
may also need the slipring as you havent got mfsw already