Fed up with the avant !

Stubie

Reaction score
I'm starting to really lose interest in my car ! Everything seems to be going wrong at once !
A while ago an LED sidelight bulb melted and ruined the lamp holder ,
My brake pad warning light has come on (looks like rears) also need to replace the discs.
Now my service indicator is on, looks like it needs a major one plus haldex and brake fluid .
The rear PDC has started playing up (select reverse and its a long loud beep) and doesn't warn when you get close to things.
Drivers side brake light works now and again , so randomly get the bulb out warning .
Slow wiper syndrome (planning on doing this when weather gets a bit better, they're that bad they quite often stop , i've been using alot of WD40 on them,
And that leads to my next problem. Went out to do my bi-weekly WD40 spray and the ****** bonnet won't open !!!!
Pointless thread i know so I apologise, just totally fed up !!

welcome to audi ownership. being forced to live with warning lights, rough running and things hanging off that shouldnt be.

haldex? a4s dont have the novelty 4x4 system like a3/s3, it is actually 4wd!

We all have days like this! :(

The wiper fix is an easy one, just needs a spare hour or two - have you seen my DIY guide in the sticky thread?

I don't think there are pad wear indicators on the rear pads are there?

Diff's are sealed for life generally, while you 'can' change it there's no requirement as such to do so, and I'm sure brake fluid will wait a bit if money's tight.

The PDC is probably a sensor, they're not too expensive but you have to paint them. A VCDS scan will pinpoint the problem.

:thumbsup:

Stubie. Sunday nights suck *** don't they. Cars whilst lovely to own can get you down huh.

One job at a time, essential bit's first. Chin up.

welcome to audi ownership. being forced to live with warning lights, rough running and things hanging off that shouldnt be.

haldex? a4s dont have the novelty 4x4 system like a3/s3, it is actually 4wd!

My bad ! Still talking in R32 language lol !
James I assumed it was the rears as the front looks like there's a bit of life left !

as J said the rears dont have wear indicator
if the fronts look fine its common for the plugs to get wet etc give the plugs a good clean and make sure there seald togeather

Easy to test PDC sensors. Put the ignition on & select reverse, put your ear up against each sensor, & you should hear them clicking if any don't click they're faulty.

Be happy that these are the only problems you have! Gripes I normally have about my cars are more along the lines of not getting cylinder liners to sit flush or terminal rot destroying the chassis!

Anyone know how to get around my bonnet dilemma ?
Pull the lever in the cabin , bonnet pops up ! Lever between the rings pops out half ish !
Pull the lever as normal and nothing !!

If you can't open the bonnet I understand it's possible to do so from underneath with several socket bar extensions, at least then you'll be able to see whats wrong. If the lever is coming out a bit maybe it just needs lubricating?

Managed to get the bonnet open tonight ! As James said it needed a damn good clean and lube !!
Looks like I'll be doing the slow wiper repair on Friday after work (half day).
As for the rear PDC all the sensors are lightly buzzing (clicking) when reverse is selected ???

Managed to get the bonnet open tonight ! As James said it needed a damn good clean and lube !!
Looks like I'll be doing the slow wiper repair on Friday after work (half day).
As for the rear PDC all the sensors are lightly buzzing (clicking) when reverse is selected ???

I have the same issue with my fronts and people are advising me that its the control module, had it in Audi and they never found any error codes with them bit weird really!!

My bad ! Still talking in R32 language lol !
James I assumed it was the rears as the front looks like there's a bit of life left !

My front pads looked fine when the brake pad sensor came on. When I changed them they were near enough to the metal. Once the pad warning light comes on there isn't that much life left in the pad.

The bad luck avant strikes again !
Took my son to footy training and when driving back , noticed the windscreen had cracked !!