back plate lights removal problem

dolcevita4

Reaction score
Hi, I've ordered some canbus error free leds, I thought it would be straight forward to put them on and I was wrong. These screws are useless !! I had rounded them off, so i decided to take at least one off and then think of a way of screwing it back on. The drill did it's job however still there is a little bit of bolt left in that plastic. The canbus free error led's turned out to be cabuss error leds.. so in the end I ended up staying with the old bulb and unfortunately had to use super glue to stick it back on, now the question is what should I do?

if i buy these: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

how can i screw them back on? with one of the screws still being in there...

already found an answer, need some m3x12 hex the item i've listed above and hopfully i can get away with unscrewing the rounded off bolts somehow, if not then another 30 pound for the unit ;/

Last edited:
yeah, thats where I got all my info from, hopfully mine will come out without help of some pliers, if not then trip to the steelers will be needed

i've got the screws m3x12 hex already ordered for 1.50 (10 screws)

i've ordered led bulbs which came to me last friday and after putting them on today i found out there is an error, so i've already emailed the seller, depending on what he will do, either refund or send me different ones i will either get the bulb holder from the dealers or buy the led ones for 25 pound

been on the phone with steelers Newcastle, bulb holders; 8.78 each, the whole black plastic which holds the bulb holders; 33.96. it will be an expensive bulb change !!