Access to the parking sensor module

T0m

Reaction score
Guys I asked a while ago if anyone can tell me how to remove the boot trim to access the parking sensor module need to replace mine and could do with some advice on how to gain access to it without breaking anything......

Thanks

Tom

Hey guys finally got hold of a new parking sensor module and was wondering if anyone has a write up or pictures to show me how to remove the trim in the boot to access the old one to replace it?

Ive searched the net but the one lot I found had the pics removed.

Thanks

Tom

I just had my sensor go on a b7 avant.
There are guides on how to remove the bumper but its a 2 hour job. you have to remove the inside trim panels and inner trim from where the amp sits etc. then there are four 8mm nuts holding the bumper from inside. you also need to remove the screws from the underside and wheelarch.
here's a guide with some piccies:
http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page=webcontent/pages/bumperremoval.html
If you can, get someone with small and skinny hands to reach up behind and remove from the back. I got mine out but it was a tight bstard.

Cheers fella, so do I have to remove the rear bumper to remove the trim? thats a right pain if so?!

If you are only wanting to get the boot trim off there is no need to remove the bumper. The boot trim is easy to remove.

Any chance of some pointers Cabby?

Its an avant by the way, would like to try this new module see if it stops my intermittent front sensors beeping when there's feck all there!!!

Tom

Thanks for that fella but i click the link its asked me to download all sorts of software and I aint got a clue how to view the files?

Dont worry they have worked now fella, just clicked the blue writing in the blue box haha

Hey Cabby just wanted to say thanks for those PDF files took the panels off swapped over the parking sensor module and guess what Ive bought the wrong one got a 8D0 part instead of an 8E0 part gather 8E0 parts are for the B6/B7 and the 8D0 for a B5?!

You wouldnt of thought there would be a need to change parts like this would you?

It worked for my rear parking sensors but didnt engage the front ones!!! grrrr

Last edited: