JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Will Bose speakers & bassbox fit into my none BOSE standard head unit?????

Hi all i've got a 54 plate B6 tdi sport......its fitted with the standard audi symphony 2.

C
    an i put the bose speakers, and the amp/bassbox thast in the rear shelf into my car ?? im not really after mega sound increase just better sound/clearer sound, will the bose speakers give a better sound than my standard set up.

I'm guessing that the wiring is just plug and play?

Cheers
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    not just plug and play
    it can be done but not to easy

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    not just plug and play
    it can be done but not to easy
    Bugger, i was hopeing it wasn't to much trouble whats involved i've fitted an ipod adapter to my car so i have a bit of experience with audio stuff + i've done speakers and what not in the past, but mainly basic upgrade stuff is there a lot of re-wiring involved?
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

2nd Gear

Status
    ANYBODY, i've seen a full set up for grabs on another forum.....

5th Gear

Status
    Having come from a BOSE equipped A3 to a standard system in the B6 i dont think the BOSE is all it's cracked up to be... maybe BOSE in a B6 is better i don't know but in all honesty i'm quite happy with the standard setup
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 666markyboy View Post
    Having come from a BOSE equipped A3 to a standard system in the B6 i dont think the BOSE is all it's cracked up to be... maybe BOSE in a B6 is better i don't know but in all honesty i'm quite happy with the standard setup
    Strange i'd have thought that the Bose speakers would have been a lot better than the standard setup as thats what your paying for when you spec'd them from new, better sound quality

2nd Gear

Status
    Anybody any advice on whats involved in swapping over to bose????????????

2nd Gear

Status
    Has anybody done this up grade????????????????/

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    TBH mate, try swapping over the bits and report back, if you have the AMP and Sub and speakers then what else do you need?

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    try the I.C.E. section might get further in there.
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Status
    You have to rewire all the speakers, new Bose wiring loom from the HU to the boot and new power front to back - totally not worth
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    You have to rewire all the speakers, new Bose wiring loom from the HU to the boot and new power front to back - totally not worth
    Err well i mite give that a miss then................Cheers for the info...........

1st Gear

Status
    had two audi cabs one with standard and one with bose. The bose is slightly better, but not by much. If i bought another without bose I wouldnt be all that concerned as the standard setup is pretty good.......

Speeding in reverse gear

Status
    I would prefer to go for a non-Bose car and go after-market for speakers and HU. Doing this to my 04 B6 saloon at the moment with help from AndyMac and his great MDF speaker adapters.

1st Gear

Status
    Once I put an x-car iPhone link in I can't rate the Bose system highly enough ! But I'm easily pleased