Anyone found a decent colour match bulb for your HID'S??

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
I know this has been disscust a few time now so i am after your findings,
I run 4300k HID'S (which incidently went straight through the MOT last week without any problems) but for a while now have been looking for a while now have been experimenting with different bulbs to try and find so full beam and fog llight bulbs that offer a decent ballance of light output and colour, ( i use 100w bulbs in my full beam as i do alot of driving on unlit roads in the early hours) so my findings have been this,
1, normal halogen bulbs offer the best light output compared to ones sold as xenon white but have the horrible yellow glow,
2, LED fog lights give the best colour match but the light output is useless at best,
I have settled on these but to be honest they have their own issues,
004.jpg
, these offer a decent light output although not great and a good colour match, but the bulb is blue in colour and at certain angles the car looks like it has blue bulbs fitted which is not a look i am after,also i run 15 LED side lights,these are great but with the new full beam buls fitted they tend to give a blue glow (reflecting off full beam bulb) whe using side lights only,again not a look i want.
So my conclusion is i am looking for a 100w bulb which is clear in colour but give a lit colour of as close to a 4300k HID as is possible,if anyone has found any please do share so i can stop throwing good money at bulbs and spend it on some other part of the car!!
I have posted some pictures to give you an idea.
Thanks as always,
Matt

001.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

I hardly ever use full beam so normal bulbs dont bother me, same goes for fogs.

LED's for sidelights tho. Cant you get LED's for the fogs?

I got my main beam bulbs through hids direct when I got my hid kit, they seemed to know what they were talking about, as for colour and look they're great, but would I say they "out brighten" the hids probably not no lol,

I can't exactly recal what the bulbs were but I still have the packaging at work so I could find out for u.

Mine also came from his direct, I'm not unhappy with the performance I just fon't like the blue tinge, if you could find which ones you used I would appreciate it thanks.
matt