Error - Solenoid Valves for engine mounting short to B+

jay786

Reaction score
I have got this error coming on the diagnostics .. is this realted to car shaking alot and making noise because my car shakes alot.

How can i resolve or fix this problem.

Thanks

have a look at the rear gear box mount m8, just had mine replaced with my DMF and CLUTCH

the engine mount with the solenoid on it is just off to the right hand side when looking from the front of the car you can see it. have a look at the 2 wires going to it see if they have snaped

ANy pictures to show me ..
What is it near?

Thanks and sorry for being dumb

i dont have any mate but you cant miss it if you look down the right hand side by the inside wheel arch you will see it it has 2 wires coming off of a round dome looking thing

you can normally re do the wires if not its the hole engine mount i think

mine was showing engine mount fault but it was picking the knocking up off the knackered split rear one on the gear box, dmf clutch, rear mains oil seal, gearbox mount cost me around £600

I dont know what to look for .. the cables seem okay ... so whats the error for?

oh okay so how do i know which one to change?

How much are they?

THanks

as far as i know there is only one engine mount that has the solenoid on it and thats the one on the right hand side that you can see

okay but if its telling me this one is worn out ... what about the other one?
Both been put into place same time .. how would i know if the other one is not knackered

:banghead:

These engine mounts are 'electric' - when a current is passed through them they will stiffen up, thus at idle the mount will be softer to minimise the vibrations, but it will stiffen up at speed. The other mount (assuming there's only one on the 1.9's?) is a normal rubber mount so will not have the electric feature. This is a very common failure on A4's.

Its the passengers side of the engine and theres only one.

Are u sure theres only one .. i saw two circular dome thing on a 1.9 TDI?

If its one im so happy .. please confirm?

theres two fitted to your car one with wiring and one without !! ive got a brand new without wiring from audi still in the box :whistle2:

you wont want the bill for changing both m8, nearly £80 for the one without wiring expect the other to be more, did you check the rear gearbox mount ???? this was causing mine to pick up knocking and gave me that code...........

what do i loook for ... how much will that set me back?

If youre getting a code for the mount, its the electric one. Its very likely to fail. The other is not.

Dont get ahead of yourself, change the mount, then think of the rest.

its just if i do both at once .. id save on the labour and get it done once and for all

Why don't you take it in to someone who knows what they're doing?

It seems that everything we mentioned you want a price for. Take it somewhere and get them to establish exactly what's wrong and go from there, I don't see this idle speculation is getting anyone anywhere.

Reactions: white.akita