WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM POWER THAT CAN BE GAINED FROM A 1,9 TDI 130!

vorsprung dork

Reaction score
As above! what is the maximum power that can be gained from the 1.9 tdi 130 engine! what mods would be required to take this power ie bigger turbo, intercooler! clutch! anybody got a big power 1.9!

1200bhp+.... whether you have the budget to get there is a whole other matter!

i read a story once of a guy who was running 230bhp from a pd150 golf gti lump with remap and big turbo and does track days etc and never missed a beat car had done 125,000 miles

as above how much cash you got to chuck at it ?

I have around 200hp with:BV43 turbo from 2,0tdi PD 170hp+FMIC+custom remap.

already remap to 175! just toying with the idea at the mo! been looking for a 2.5 avant for 2 months now and nothing really coming up so was maybe thinking about giving my 1.9 quattro a kick up the **** coz im pretty board with it after 5 years of ownership! but i would never sell it! its an 04 se in atlas grey metalic i wasnt clued up when i bought it or i would have gone for a sport! saying that mine has dis and cruise as standard and it handles way better than my sadly missed 2.5 avant 163 ever did!
I have around 200hp with:BV43 turbo from 2,0tdi PD 170hp+FMIC+custom remap.

Hi guys sorry to hi jack thread but,, I'm going to breaking my 150 bhp tdi golf.. Does anyone know if the turbo and front mount intercooler could be used on the B6 audi..
cheers M

No,you can not use the turbo on B6;yes,you can use the intercooler,but is not p&p and requierd some modification.

Thanks Ashihara.. Might go down the same road as you with the bv43 turbo and see if I can fit the golf intercooler to fit.. Have you a build thread for your car..
Thanks M

250 Bhp will be reasonably easy but will require a minimum of 5k budget. The stock botom end is fine to 220-225 but beyond that it will require strenghtening: forged rods, block girdle, lowered compression pistons, worked head with bigger inlet/exhaust valves, stronger valve springs and retainers, custom cam, aftermarket injectors and a large turbocharger kit- GTB 2056vk or GTB 2260Vk, southbend SMF clutch and solid flywheel, full aftermarket exhaust including a new downpipe, aftermarket intercooler/oilcooler and a very good custom tune.
You need to set your goals from the start and follow them, many set a low target and are bored when they reach it or they set it too high and it's un obtainable ! It's all about money really but don't expect 300 Wheel horse power and be reliable as a daily ! It's easier to spend tuning a petrol to high power than a diesel engine because the first 50 Bhp only costs a few hundreds pounds but the next 50 will cost you thousands !
Any modern day car under 1500kg will feel nimble with 200Bhp and a diesel with that Bhp figure will likely have 450Nm of torque to play with which makes for a very good daily driver !

see what you are saying! 5k is alot to spend on a car that at best is worth 4k maybe its not right for me as i could put the money to a 250 bhp car that is standard then remaping that up 50 bhp more! love the idea of a street sleeper tho gives one a twinge!
250 Bhp will be reasonably easy but will require a minimum of 5k budget. The stock botom end is fine to 220-225 but beyond that it will require strenghtening: forged rods, block girdle, lowered compression pistons, worked head with bigger inlet/exhaust valves, stronger valve springs and retainers, custom cam, aftermarket injectors and a large turbocharger kit- GTB 2056vk or GTB 2260Vk, southbend SMF clutch and solid flywheel, full aftermarket exhaust including a new downpipe, aftermarket intercooler/oilcooler and a very good custom tune.
You need to set your goals from the start and follow them, many set a low target and are bored when they reach it or they set it too high and it's un obtainable ! It's all about money really but don't expect 300 Wheel horse power and be reliable as a daily ! It's easier to spend tuning a petrol to high power than a diesel engine because the first 50 Bhp only costs a few hundreds pounds but the next 50 will cost you thousands !
Any modern day car under 1500kg will feel nimble with 200Bhp and a diesel with that Bhp figure will likely have 450Nm of torque to play with which makes for a very good daily driver !