Wiper arm removal tips???

blucoop

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has any helpful tips on how to get the drivers side wiper arm off.??

Ive taken the nut cover off and undone the nut ok but ive tried just about everything to get the ****** arm off but its having none of it.

I read on another forum its best to try and use a rocking motion at the base to get it off but its like its glued on, I even slipped once and nearly smashed my windscreen with my grips.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Steve

mine was well jammed on m8 i losened the nut to the top point of the thread left it for half hour keep blasting wd40 in there and got a little tapping hammer giving it a knock whilst giving it some wobbling motion

Last edited:
I did mine a few weeks ago

I was moving it up and down with no success I started moving it side to side (driver to passenger) and it soon come off!

WD40 and rock it from side to side while pulling up ward or give it a light tap with a mallet white pulling it up

thanks guys will give it another bash tomorrow!!

cheers

steve

You do know ?
That there is a special tool to do that right !!!
The perks of your best m8 beening a greese monkey

Other then that WD 40 and lots of F ing off hahahaha

You do know ?
That there is a special tool to do that right !!!
The perks of your best m8 beening a greese monkey

Other then that WD 40 and lots of F ing off hahahaha

I tried with the tool once and it wouldnt work in the end good old fashioned elbow grease moving it up and down side to side worked in the end!!