LED upgrade?

Jamie1985

Reaction score
Hi all im looking at putting HIDs onto my A4 Avant has anybody done this just I'm a little confused on the kit I need, I spoke to a company near me they said I could just replace my standard bulb with a LED bulb to get the same effect at a much cheaper cost.

I was on the understanding I couldn't get the xenon look without the correct kit, would I need to have any cancellations on the car done after fitting either the kit or the single bulb if this theory exists? Sorry for all the questions

Thanks in advance

Jamie

do you want hid's or just the xenon look,
i have just gone with a xenon bulb set of ebay. do the job fine for me. nice blue-ish light but nothing offencive of too over the top

i dont think you are going to get a good light off of the LEDs imo id go HIDs with some LEDs side lights

They would have meant LED bulbs for your sidelights. LED headlights haven't filtered down to the retrofit market yet, they've only just started to be fitted to the top or the range models like the R8 V10 etc.

Thanks for the replies much appreciated i rang the company who told me i should put the LED bulbs in as a replacement just to clarify it was as simple as doing that the person who i spoke to laughed and told me the bloke was useless and had now left the company!!! (cant imagine why)

Im going go for a HID aftermarket kit but unsure on which one or what "K" to go for, was told to go for 6000k as this was near ice white as possible any suggestions guys??!

Thanks

Jamie

I went for 4300k for better light output. They look much whiter than halogens and aren't chavvy

I have 6000k and they're as blue as I think you'd ever want to go. The useable light is less though as Alpesh mentions and I'm going to swap to 4300k one of these days.

Be warned!!!
Come April, aftermarket HID's without washers and self leveling mechanisms will result in an MoT fail.