A4 - Multitronic ECU

chris101

Reaction score
Is there anyway to tell if a failure was progressive on an 2004 1.8T A4 Cab?

What failure we talking about and what is the ecu ref for?

The issue is with the gearbox, shudders when gear change 1-2 and vice versa.

the multitronic ecu is quite a common issue m8 so could happen anytime im affraid !!! you done a search because recently someone found a company that repairs them think the cost was around £250 ish may of been found on ebay

the multitronic ecu is quite a common issue m8 so could happen anytime im affraid !!! you done a search because recently someone found a company that repairs them think the cost was around £250 ish may of been found on ebay

My warranty company are refusing my claim for the ECU based on the failure was prolonged over time before taking out the warranty.
What proof do they have on this from and how can this be proof obtained?

it cant your word against there's this is why £300 pound warrantys suck.....

Surely if they cannot prove it, they need to either pay out or refund me for the warranty??
I can always get my garage to vouch for me and say they test drove it in January and hooked up their computer to check for faults, which found none as proof?

but if you read the small print im 100% sure there will be somethink in there in there favour !!! there always is !!! you'll get a refund im sure if you play your face up.... dont they state 28 days if your not happy money back how long you had the warranty

35 days, the claim was made however 2 weeks back which was within the 28days and they took this long just to give me this answer of rejection.